Just Labradors banner

It's creeping me out a little...

Tags
zombies
452 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  zoezoe 
#1 · (Edited)
I live in a small town, surrounded by lots of other small towns. We are about 70 miles from the "big city".
My back yard is a good size lot and behind it is a grove of trees. Right behind that grove of trees is a cemetery. When the trees leaf out I can not see it but in the fall when the leaves are gone I have a pretty good view of the cemetery. It has never bothered me. In fact, I find it kind of cool because my sister is buried there. She and I were very close and we used to spend each morning "having coffee" together via the telephone. She died suddenly and sometimes it is comforting to look out my patio door or stand on my deck and see where she is buried.....( I can just barely make out her headstone). I also have a grandmother, an uncle and a cousin I was close to growing up buried there.
This week our small town was SHAKEN by a murder/suicide. A young man (my daughter knew of him in high school) beat his live in girl friend with a metal mop handle in front of their two small children. He left her near death alone with the kids. While she was recovering her father went to the home to move her things from the home. He had asked a sheriff's deputy to meet him there. When the deputy arrived he found her father dead and the daughter's jeep gone. When they finally found the young man he had hung himself.
Today the young man (who murderd his girl friends father and killed himself) is being buried in that cemetery and it is at the nearest point to my yard. I am a little weirded out by this. I don't know why. It isn't rational but it bothers me.

See less See more
#3 ·
Lis - probably because of the voilence - maybe with your family - and the rest of the good ppl buried there, he will find acceptance and rest for what might be the 1st time in his life - not saying he is a good person, but maybe by being with good ppl he can find rest. I know what you mean - it's like I said about my BIL's guns being evil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.