Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very funny and Meryl Streep wonderful as usual. I even "stomached" Alec Baldwin and he was great in his part.

If you haven't seen the trailers; Meryl Streep's character and Alec Baldwin's character are divorced and have an affair with each other 10 years later. Very funny happenings when the son-in-law spots them in a hotel.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
We're going to see this tonight for our January-girl's-night-out-movie. I'm looking forward to it as i've heard lots of good reviews. Regular people reviews, not critics.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Finally finished this last night (we started it on a plane and didn't finish it). I believe my thorough worshipping of Meryl Streep has been stated clearly in previous posts so I won't make you stomach that again...but I thought she was delightfully light and fresh in this movie! We know she has the dramatic chops, but sometimes its easy to forget how funny she can be....and how infectious her laugh is! And the son-in-law...the guy from The Office? His scenes had me cracking up! I thought Steve Martin was underutilized, though the party scene was hysterical. So great to see older actors having fun!

Fun rental...just don't forget to have some chocolate and wine on hand!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts