Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you all can forgive me...I just had to talk about Saxon our GSP that crossed the bridge one year ago tomorrow. All of our family in happy, healthy times:

My Rainbow Bridge post about her on the day of her passing:
Goodbye my sweet baby girl. You were such a sweet cuddly thing. You were crazy, high strung, full of energy, and always ready to do the ONE thing German Shorthair Pointers are meant for - hunt with Daddy. You've jumped down cliffs, ran through barbed wire fences, all kinds of crazy, daring things, just to get that pheasant for dad. He said you were the most natural hunter he'd ever seen. You were a ball of fire up until three days ago, when you stopped eating. This morning the vet said your uterus was infected, and when they took it out it ruptured and spread it's poison through your body. I thank God that you were asleep when it happened, and that I know you didn't feel any pain.

You were such a lady those two-three days you didn't feel good. You were a good girl at the vet this morning. I'm glad I got to kiss you before you went away - if I had known it was the last time I would see you, I wouldn't have ever let you go.

I will miss your snoring, your crazy white hairs that got everywhere and clung to everything. I will miss your constant smudging the window because you just HAVE to look out. I will miss all your crazy little habits. I met you on my first date with Daddy - I loved you before I loved him.

We love you Saxon. Daddy, Boomer and I all miss you. Go find all the pheasants you can and wait for us at the bridge.

We love you and miss you so much Sissy. I'm sure you're driving God crazy. :angel:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I remember that day too. Sorry Janna. She was a beautiful girl.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
She was gorgeous

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
A sad sad anniversary. Saxon sounds like a wonderful dog.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The last time I saw Nick cry was a year ago. Then it was tonight, when I showed him this post. :'(

*sigh* She was beautiful. I loved her so much more than I ever knew. She was never totally my dog, but I loved her so much. And she drove me bonkers.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I met you on my first date with Daddy - I loved you before I loved him.
Oh my. That got me. :'(

I remember too. These anniversaries are so hard. Every year around the time Crash passed, just when the weather is hinting at fall, I get very blue.

I'm so sorry. Thank you for posting the tribute and pictures. She was a beautiful, very special girl, and obviously very well-loved.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just had to tell you about one of the craziest things I ever saw her do. Nick and I were laughing at this last night.

It was when Nick and I were dating and I pulled up to his house. Beautiful summer day and I had my windows down. Nick and Saxon were out in the yard and she saw me and comes tearing up to the car and jumped right through the window and onto my lap before I had even stopped the car! :eek: :eek:

LOL. :D

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Beautiful girl... I'm sure she is very sadly missed.

Just goes to show, we never forget..... they are always there, in our hearts.

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I understand totally. I am so dreading October 19, the first anniversary of Annie's passing. I just wish we could skip October altogether. Her surgery was September 29. So just skipping October altogether would be fine with me. :'(

But I know how lucky you feel to have had that special dog in your life. An absolutely beautiful, happy dog! ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts