Just Labradors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything is right as rain. (Except the kennel cough, but I expected that.) My 2 boys are getting along great. The kids went to the moon with joy when I told them he was coming home. I had not said anything about it until the very last minute. I wanted to make sure that Cash and Chief got along before I said anything, incase I needed to find a plan B.
I have to wonder if Chief thinks the last 3 years of his life was a really long nightmare. Since he has come home he is constantly wagging his tail. Not like the super excited puppy tail wag.. More like a slow "I'm completely at peace and happy" wag.. It's adorable.
I wish I had my camera the other night when they were all curled up on the couch.
Kid-dog-kid-dog-kid.

Now, add in there the two kittens that I had as a litter of 4 day old kittens found in a tree stump last fall and a couple weeks after I got those, someone brought in a litter of 3 kittens, with their eyes starting to open that were found in a pick and save parking lot. One was doa when they arrived at our shelter, cold and wet.. :( So I had the remaining 2 tested for FIV/Luek and put the surviving two in with my existing 4. When it came time for them to be adopted, we had a number of family discussions on which one we should keep. I kept one from my day old litter and on of the pick and save babies..

It's a zoo here. LOL But I'm loving every minute of it.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
That's awesome! I'm so happy it worked out so well :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know, I think one of the greatest moments of my life as a dog owner was being able to put Chief's old collar on him. It suits him well and was doing nothing but collecting dust on my shelf for years. It was the purple one he got from his secret santa. :)

I will post pics soon of the whole crew, and might even drag out the old family pictures we took when his secret santa gave him oodles of fun stuff so as you can see how big everyone's gotten. My youngest daughter Chey was just a tiny thing when I posted those. She'll be 4 in June! Time flies, huh??!?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.