Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what my friend's yellow lab Jake (same age as Tally) had for a snack a couple of days ago. My friend said that Jake was under a tree and when he came to find her, a black tail and legs were hanging out of his mouth. He play bowed at her when she said to leave it. As she approached him, he swallowed it down in one gulp, turned around and ran off. My friend took Jake to the vet where they put some kind of drop in his eye which made him vomit (aka give birth as only a male dog can do) to this...........

He vomited it up intact. Congratulations Jake, it's a boy!!!!!!!

I can't believe he ate the whole thing in one gulp
Pat

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Impressive!!

Henery had one of those for a snack last weekend, only he didn't swallow it whole... *crunch crunch crunch*... it took 4 days for that blasted squirrel to pass. :-X

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
GRrrroooooosssss......... Ginger swallowed a little red squirrel WHOLE once....... I figured she would vomit it back up , and she did, on her own...... when you approach them, or they think YOU want it, they WILL swallow it !

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was dead before he swallowed it. Can't imagine the damage a live squirrel would have done to his stomach as it tried to claw it's way out

·
Registered
610 Posts
Marlan ate a bird wing once and at the dog park he found the head and spine of a duck, which of course he tried to eat. Another lab I know ate an entire pigeon in one gulp if you can believe that!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well, I guess that 3" rock Cali swallowed at 4 months old is nothing compared to that.

That's sick. i'm more surprised that he ate it whole instead of what he ate.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
MarlansMum said:
Another lab I know ate an entire pigeon in one gulp if you can believe that!
I believe it. My parents' have a chocolate lab that did that. Ate the entire thing, beak to feet. Disgusting!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts