Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night Rob called and we met at the coffee house. It turns out he had been asking about me "covertly" as well so I guess I read the signals right at the court house. He would have gotten around to asking me out but I think I just made it easier and quicker for him to do so.

He is a great guy! Down to earth, easy going, relaxed.....most importantly his dog of choice LAB! :D He has owned a number of them a friend of his is a breeder in southern ontario so that is where he gets his pups from. He is in an apartment now but he is looking forward to getting a dog once he is in a better location to do so. I know that sounds like a silly thing to judge a person on but it is always a good start when a major thing like "dog person or not" is not only compatible but the same type of dog !

He is not only a conservation officer but he is the captain of the boat. He works specifically on the Great lakes so that is kind of neat - I didn't even realize we hade CO's that did this! One day I may actually understand what my Ministry does! :p

We actually got kicked out of the coffee house - we were there until closing. And yes we are planning to see each other again. I am so excited!!!!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Sounds promising....

I feel the need to share about when I met my hubby. We were both living on our own, set up on a blind date. After our meeting, I told my Mom "I met a really nice guy. Best part, he has a black lab!". I found out later that he told his Mom, "I met a really nice girl. Only one problem, she has 3 dogs!". Glad it all worked out. 3 labs and a Brittany Spaniel in once house was a challenge, but it was great. Fast forward 9 years and we have 3 children, a lab, and a Cavalier.

Good luck with the new guy.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
that is really great! im glad it paid off in a good way. how awesome that he likes labs as well. now we need a picture, lol. we(read i) am nosy. :p

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Yippee!!!!! *bounce bounce*
know that sounds like a silly thing to judge a person on but it is always a good start when a major thing like "dog person or not" is not only compatible but the same type of dog !
Not at all. I don't think I would date someone who wasn't a dog person.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Once I get some pics I will post but I figure it will be a while - this is not going to be a fast thing and I prefer it that way. Chatting with someone today I realized that you know I never really dated either of my husbands. The first one was my manager so it was all very hush hush and when we were in public it was "as friends" or with a group a of people. With my second hubby he lived in TO. When I moved to TO we moved in together. I havent' really dated since my boyfriend in university so I am looking forward to the whole courtship thing - I hope it happens....

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
i agree, that fact that he is a dog person is important, because it is an important part of your life.

sounds like you had an awesome time! I hope this is the start of something wonderful for you both.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.