Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently I posted about "screwing up" and telling an unidentified stranger on the phone when I would be at home and when I would not after the holidays. As it turned out, it was a Grand Rapids firm (semi-local) that was trying to drum up business. I noticed that there was a certain "home improvement" firm on my caller i.d. that was calling obsessively. I finally answered their call and when talking with the lady on the phone found out that the "unidentified" caller was one of their salesmen. Poor lady, I gave her the riot act up one side and down the other for the practices of a "salesman". She hole heartedly agreed that his technique was lacking and said that he would he notified that it likely cost them at least my business if not any one else I talked to.

None the less, it reminded me that I should be reminded of my south side of Chicago upbringing. Perhaps leaving my house unlocked for the last 15 years was not the best idea, and I should not be as careless in information I give out to strangers! Gates are locked and the dogs are loose!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Wow! That siggy pic of Bella, right below the words, 'and the dogs are loose.'

You have a good plan reset for yourself, but don't put that picture of Bella on the front door. I don't think it is going to scare anyone away. <g>

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I'm glad you figured out who it was at least it will put your mind at ease some. It's a good reminder though I know sometimes especially in the country it's easy to lax on security

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Glad it turned out to be nothing, but lesson learned
Exactly. Leave at least one dog loose when you are gone, and keep the shotgun near enough to get hold of if needed, ever. You can never be too safe, especially a single woman alone in the country.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts