Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play.
They've been going in and out of style
But they're guaranteed to raise a smile.
So may I introduce to you
The act you've known for all these years,
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

I can't believe its been 40 years!!

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
They are my daughter's favorite band. She has all their albums- on cd, of course. lol

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Compliments of having older brothers I remember the Beatles well. I was taken to a concert at age 8 as one of my BR thought it would be important as he didn't seem to think they would stay together much longer and he was right. Not many people would take along their 8 year old sister for a weekend trip to see the Beatles. They had just been married less than 2 months. He felt they were part of music hx and I should see them. He also took me to see Elton John when I was 14, Alice Cooper when I was 12 and Simon & Garfunkel that same summer.

I got a real musical education because of him.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Not sure if anyone caught it, but Howard stern had a special on it this past week.....it was really good. Had all his past interviews with members from the Beatles. I'm only 26, but I've come to respect music from the Beatles due to my supervisor who I had in the 90's. Good stuff man, Good stuff........

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Cinder4evr said:
And what a long strange trip it's been

Is there anymore Dead heads out there? I still have a boatload of bootlegs on tape!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Serg4u said:
Not sure if anyone caught it, but Howard stern had a special on it this past week.....it was really good. Had all his past interviews with members from the Beatles. I'm only 26, but I've come to respect music from the Beatles due to my supervisor who I had in the 90's. Good stuff man, Good stuff........
Same age as me. I grew up listening to the Beatles, Rolling Stones (early stuff), Simon and Garfunkel, and other music of that era. Thank goodness for my folk's old records! Love that old music.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Aim said:
They are my daughter's favorite band. She has all their albums- on cd, of course. lol
My brother too! In fact he has them all on cd, cassette, vinyl, and some 8 track. He even locked himself in his room for 5 days after John Lennon was killed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts