Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know I am wierd liking hot weather and all, but Tal and Barney definitely DO NOT! Obviously we can't do much outside, though next week I am going to take them to a lake not far from here. In the meantime I fill the plastic wading pool and they really like that and then lay down on the shady concrete by the back door!

When the temps are nice outside it is nice to let them play outside. Now when they go out, they do their business and want to get back in the A/C!

STill, with limited exercise, they are doing really well. We play inside what we can and I think it helps I can be home with them more in the summer than I can during the normal school year.

Very Thankful for the A/C right now!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
My boys don't like the heat, either, although lately they have both taken to laying on the sidewalk at the bottom of the steps and sunbathing. :rolleyes: When Buddy comes in his coat is so hot it burns your hand to touch him.

We don't take them to the park in this heat, because there is no shade and no water. All they do is walk around and 'niff, then they want to go home and get in the AC.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Oddly enough, my blacks love to bake in the sun. I don't get it. They'll come in so hot you can't touch them. Ruger (my yellow) never does this.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear ya on the sunbathing! Tal moreso than Barney on that one. I don't get it either. But I have noticed that when we are outside, once he starts to get hot, actually both of them, find a shady spot. Mainly by the back door or close to the fence. It is relatively cool there!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
We're pretty house-bound at the moment, too. None of mine like this extreme heat, especially my black boys. I don't do well in it, either.

Paddy was unusual in this regard. He'd happily lay around in 100+ heat or 10 inches of snow with equal pleasure. I miss that old boy. So versatile. So tolerant. So noble.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're pretty house-bound at the moment, too. None of mine like this extreme heat, especially my black boys. I don't do well in it, either.

Paddy was unusual in this regard. He'd happily lay around in 100+ heat or 10 inches of snow with equal pleasure. I miss that old boy. So versatile. So tolerant. So noble.
I hear ya...I tolerate it pretty well, and I never let the boys stay out very long when it is this hot.

Paddy was a sweetheart. I am glad you shared him with us.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I love the heat too. My favorite thing is to get into my car on a hot day and just sit there and feel the heat. DH and DSs think I am nuts. Bauer does like the heat, and will lay in the sun all day if I let him. The other day he was laying in the driveway, and I led him over to the shade, a few minutes later I looked out and he was back in the driveway again. :rolleyes: I have taken him for his morning walks this week, but we go at about 6:30am before it gets too hot.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can so relate to you all and the heat. Being here in Southwest Florida is absolutely grueling this time of year. When I come home and go to take Baxer and Mason out to potty they go out on the back porch, turn around and stand at the door to get in. They don't perk up until about 7:30pm. They are definitely domesticated dogs at their finest!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts