Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:mod:
The one is that followed me home had to go back due to lack of head room (sunroof) had to drive it with my head tilted to one side,so I found another 2ss w/wrs package with out the sun roof.Let the games begin on getting for the best price I can!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I want one in silver. So badly do I want one.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I wish one would follow me home . . . black, silver, red . . . I'm not picky, and I would give it a forever home.

·
Banned
2,041 Posts
I still like the Challenger better . Although the camaro does get better marks on consumer .

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
G'day,

The car obviously knew how to pick the right driver...
Love the 'stangs, but I've got to say I prefer the old ones to the new.
C'mon, as if anything built today can out-do this beauty:

Cheers,

Pottsie

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Oh I'm so proud of you, good rescue!! What are you going to name it??? Is it a male or female? Talk about give you a warm and fuzzy feeling!!!

Potsie, my husband and I agree that they can't/won't build them like they used to. I love the old muscle cars. Take your pick they were all great.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh I'm so proud of you, good rescue!! What are you going to name it??? Is it a male or female? Talk about give you a warm and fuzzy feeling!!!

Potsie, my husband and I agree that they can't/won't build them like they used to. I love the old muscle cars. Take your pick they were all great.
I want another '74 Charger!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
G'day,

Cheers,

Pottsie
I'm not sure if you're referring to the original post here, but that's not a stang.. last time i checked, they weren't made by chev =)

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
G'day,

The car obviously knew how to pick the right driver...

Cheers,

Pottsie
Pottsie,

I'm a fan of the old muscle cars but they are pretty awful to drive by todays standards. If I had plenty of money I would get one and send it to a company who puts modern brakes, suspension etc on it. Those custom ones give you the best of both worlds. Looks and drivability!

My favorites are

Hemi Cuda:

And 62' Vette:

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Pottsie,

I'm a fan of the old muscle cars but they are pretty awful to drive by todays standards. If I had plenty of money I would get one and send it to a company who puts modern brakes, suspension etc on it. Those custom ones give you the best of both worlds. Looks and drivability!

My favorites are

Hemi Cuda:

And 62' Vette:

Do you ever watch Overhaulin' Dave?, they do up old cars, usually the old American muscle cars but they give them a brand new pumped up engine, brakes, suspension etc, they look amazing when they are done.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
You know what is sad? I started driving in 1976. Five year old muscle cars were a dime a dozen. I had a "71 Chevelle SS 454 4 spd, a 74 cuda 340 auto and a Duster, and a fairlane with a snotty 289. I had these cars about a year apiece I owned the cuda aand duster at the same time both 340's. None of us guys at the time considered them collectible and worth storing. The automakers were churning out Trans AMs and Z's ,Mustangs and the like, so none us saw the muscle car era dying until 1980 or so. Too late by then. I had put the Chevelle into a guard rail, The 'Cuda had a twist in the Uni body not worth fixing. The Duster rotted away from roadsalt and the Fairlane was sold for 500 clams.

I would like any one of them today (except the Duster it was a POS)

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
You know what is sad? I started driving in 1976. Five year old muscle cars were a dime a dozen. I had a "71 Chevelle SS 454 4 spd, a 74 cuda 340 auto and a Duster, and a fairlane with a snotty 289. I had these cars about a year apiece I owned the cuda aand duster at the same time both 340's. None of us guys at the time considered them collectible and worth storing. The automakers were churning out Trans AMs and Z's ,Mustangs and the like, so none us saw the muscle car era dying until 1980 or so. Too late by then. I had put the Chevelle into a guard rail, The 'Cuda had a twist in the Uni body not worth fixing. The Duster rotted away from roadsalt and the Fairlane was sold for 500 clams.

I would like any one of them today (except the Duster it was a POS)
WOW! You had some amazing cars!! :jaw:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts