Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I type a very common word and suddenly it just doesn't look right and I start questioning if I really know how to spell it and I keep looking at it ... it looks wrong but I know it's right.

just happens so randomly.

"tried" is the current word

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i hate that. then i have to look it up to make sure i spelled it properly.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I do that all the time. I installed a dictionary widget so I could speed up the second-guessing process. :nerd:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Happens to me too, I hate it

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I do that alot! And also saying simple words and i will repeat it over and over again as this one time is sounds weird :crazy:

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Retriever Mama said:
Me too! Its like reverse-deja vu. So annoying!
Sort of like vuja-de.

This happens to me all the time when I'm working on manuscripts. Sometimes I'll be looking for every occurance of a particular term, and after the 200th instance, it starts to look really wrong. Drives me crazy.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Dang it, now you just made me do it, "biscuit" that never looks right, but spell check also likes "bisquit" but my little dicionary in my desk says the first one is the way. :whistle:

I don't know, guess I don't care. :laugh: Just have to spell it the same in a post if I use it more than once. :D

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I just did it with "past" today. I typed out the sentence with "passed" and still sat there debating which one was right, even after going over what both meant in my head.

I felt like a dolt.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Ender's Mom said:
when I type a very common word and suddenly it just doesn't look right and I start questioning if I really know how to spell it and I keep looking at it ... it looks wrong but I know it's right.

just happens so randomly.

"tried" is the current word
I thought that I was the only one that did that!!

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
That just happened today. I was at the whiteboard in front of class writing the words, quarter, dime, nickel, and penny.

The word nickel just looked wrong to me.....if but for a brief moment.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I do that a lot...hate it. It also happens when I know how to spell the word, but if someone asks me how to spell it, forget about it! lol

The worst has to be that someone asked for my phone number today. I had to take out my cell phone and pretend to dial it because I didn't have the slightest clue what it was. We've had this number for 8 years!! lol I hardly call it so I couldn't think of what it was off the top of my head.

Dad of Toby said:
That just happened today. I was at the whiteboard in front of class writing the words, quarter, dime, nickel, and penny.

The word nickel just looked wrong to me.....if but for a brief moment.
I had a boss with the last name of Nickles once. After writing her name a zillion times, I have trouble with nickel/nickels too. I keep wanting to spell those words like her last name.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I have the worst time with double letter words. Commitment or committment? (Firefox tells me the first is right)

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
theoconbrio said:
Retriever Mama said:
Me too! Its like reverse-deja vu. So annoying!
Sort of like vuja-de.

This happens to me all the time when I'm working on manuscripts. Sometimes I'll be looking for every occurance of a particular term, and after the 200th instance, it starts to look really wrong. Drives me crazy.
Speaking of which, that word and "occasionally" never look right to me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts