Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw someone with this mailbox the other day and I really liked it. Especially since we live on the river. Do you think it's cool, or is it tacky?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The house that I saw that had it was out in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I agree, if you live near water (better if it can be seen while standing by the fish). I've seen them here by the shore, and it's cute when they're by the water.

J

·
0 Posts
My brother would love it for his house and he doesn't even live on the water but he lives and breathes to fish. I say go for it!

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Cute. But does it have a little door, in case of rain?

I wonder what the hooks are for. I say go for it.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But does it have a little door, in case of rain?
Whaddya mean Linda?

It will be right by the water. If you look real close, you can (barely) see it in this picture :

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
The ones I've seen have a door inside the mouth, and the hooks are for your newspapers (hung by the bag handles) and small packages.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
It's not tacky ,it's actually fitting for the location. Now the plywood cut outs of the bloomer lady bending over is tacky!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
It has personality, and so do you! You have a fun, cute, eclectic house, so I say it will be perfect!

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
see how this one has a door?
Now this one looks rather tacky, or spooky

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That looks like that singing bass guy Linda. LOL!!!
This one has a door on the front. I guess it does blend a bit so you can't really see it in the pic. It looks like it's copper or brass.

Ummm... I wouldn't... but I'm more of a classic, clean lines type of gal.
Well duh Linds. LOL! ;D

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
kinda

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
There is a farmer in VT where my dad is from that has the cutest cow mailbox. Now any where else it would be tacky but in front of his cow pasture I think it looks great.

I say go for it where you live by the a river that looks like rainbow trout could live in it it would look great.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You have a fun, cute, eclectic house
Ya think? I think of it more as a little river cottage. It is cute though. :)

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Amy, am I cracking up, or was it you who was painting an old door or window frame or something some fun colors, to repurpose it for your garden?

I think you are cute and fun, so I think that transfers to your house as well. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts