Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend has a daughter who's a girl scout. I just got the please buy some cookies e-mail. That is fine; I'm happy to contribute to all this sort of stuff. I can't tell you how many magazines I get that I never read and raffle tickets I've bought.

But I don't eat cookies. So I said that I'd be happy to send $25 but to keep the cookies and either keep them yourself or sell them again.

Somehow this has managed to infuriate my friend (who is normally a fairly rational human being) because somehow his daughter is going to be damaged in some way because I am treating this like it's charity when in fact it is a sale of some kind. He thinks I'm being rude and missing the point that the kids are supposed to learn something from the sale. He actually called me to tell me this.

Am I being even remotely rude? I'm happy to help out the kid but somehow it's rude that I don't want to eat six boxes of cookies?

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
No...I think your friend is rude. Your offer was very generous, in fact.

·
Registered
456 Posts
You are not being rude at all, now your friend . . . He should just donate the cookies to a food bank. I'm sure there's some lesson he could teach his daughter from that.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
We have 2 dds who sold cookies. And, in sitting outside supermarkets and video stores, encountered dozens of people who "bought" the cookies and said "keep the box."

So no. I don't think it's rude.

I also think that $25 is extremely generous.

And if your friend wants to continue to make a HUGE stink about it. Take the damned cookies and bring 'em to work.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
I'll take some cookies! I don't know anyone who sells them and I never make it to the mall or places where they set up booths.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Of course you weren't rude. Your friend on the other hand... I hate to punish his kid, but the only answer it seems to me in that case is "Well, then I guess the answer is no, I don't want any cookies."

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I'll take some cookies! I don't know anyone who sells them and I never make it to the mall or places where they set up booths.
Oh, Linds... Where were you a month ago? I could've gladly shipped you a gross. (2 kids selling, both with quotas!!)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you. I actually went back and looked at the e-mail I sent the kid to make sure it wasn't weird in anyway and I must say, that for me, it was extremely friendly.

He's kind of pissed me off. He knew me back when I was extremely overweight and he knows that I don't eat desserts anymore, and now he's pissed because I won't take a huge pile of cookies?

People are just idiots. Present company mostly excepted. ;)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
My response would have been.. oh.. okay then, well let me rejig my order.

How many boxes do i get for $0? Good.. i'll take that.

Douchebag.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
No, Robin, what was rude was 2 labs eating my 2 boxes of girl scout cookies - box and all - straight off the kitchen counter. That was rude!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts