Just Labradors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
We purchased this puppy from a breeder stating he is a black lab! However, we have our doubts. Can someone help us confirm?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
We purchased this puppy from a breeder stating he is a black lab! However, we have our doubts. Can someone help us confirm? View attachment 22170 View attachment 22171 View attachment 22172 View attachment 22173
My question to you is Why do you care now? You already bought the puppy so love it whether it is a purebred lab or not. There are so many variations when it comes to defining a Labrador Retriever only by looks. You get what you pay for, too. If you would have gone to a reputable breeder there would be no question as to whether your pup was purebred or not. It's that simple. What did you name him?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nope, not a purebred Lab. At this age, the pup's ears should nearly reach the end of his nose when stretched forward. This little dog's ears are way too short for Lab puppy. As the dog matures, the ears will appear to shorten as the head grows. 8 week old Lab puppy If this link works, you'll see a pic of an 8 week old Lab puppy with a stellar field pedigree. I think your puppy is a mix, maye of a something in the pitbull family. He's really a cutie, tho! Love him up!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm no expert either, but I own 2 labs and this is definitely a mix breed. Worry not, they live longer than full breeds and he/she looks like a lot of fun!! Enjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Buying from a certified breeder means that you have to be provided the puppy’s papers. Here’s a link to the AKC statement: AKC Facts and Stats: Puppy Buying – American Kennel Club

They say there are no excuses for a breeder not to provide accurate information in a timely way. Still..

If you paid a premium price but didn’t receive a purebred puppy, it’s an issue of fraud, but you still might have the greatest dog ever, or at least a best friend for life!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree that it doesn't look exactly like a pure chocolate, but, I have 2 that are sisters and they're totally different. Mae takes after her mother and June-Bug looks like her father - and of course they're BOTH beautiful
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_E0035 (1).JPG
Handsome dogs!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts