Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I read this: White Labradors: A Joy As A Gift At Christmas and then The Joy Of Silver Labrador Puppies.

Seems to me the author has no idea what she's talking about. I'm not an expert on the breed, and have learned a lot in the last few months.

If you scroll down the page there are other articles about labs. In one of the ones about black labs it says something about it being okay to leave a child alone with a black lab because of their mellow personalities. It makes it sound like the dogs need no training and will automatically be sweet and gentle.

I didn't post this to start a riot, but I'm baffled at how someone so very obviously lacking in the knowledge of the breed has posted these articles.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
One of the best gifts that you can give to your kid this Christmas is a dog.
Stupid effing ignorant *****! :mad: Has she never heard of the horror stories of the thousands of dogs that are surrended to the shelters every holiday season because the family wants to go on holiday & then finds out they have this new pet cramping their lifestyle so they dump it? God I despise fools like her. As for her terminology re "white labs", I don't know if she's refereing to yellows or she thinks she's discovered a new breed. As for her BS re silvers, I aint even going there. :rolleyes:

According to her biography, she's a Mills & Boone novelist. :rolleyes: That figures. I guess that makes her the worlds leading authority on Labradors & dogs in general aye?

Leonie Brogan

Leonie Brogan is an accomplished Author of several Romantic Novels and prize winner of Mills and Boon short stories competition 1993. Her love lies with living life to the best she can and helping others.

Interests and Hobbies:
Sharing useful information amongst those interested is my main focus and requires my full attention on the internet. I love a good game of chess, one where I win, and spending quality time with my husband and family. Travel is another one of my passions and would love to visit Scotland.

http://www.buzzle.com/authors.asp?author=10548
Interesting to note that dogs aren't listed on her list of interests & hobbies. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Yet another example of how anyone can "publish" on the web and become an automatic authority on a topic about which they know nothing.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The christmas gift line you quoted rotted my socks too. I commented telling her the silver lab article is not accurate etc.etc. and that it should be removed.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Yes, she's fairly ignorant, but generally speaking, she seems fairly harmless. She tries to refer people to good breeders and steer them away from pet stores, and she doesn't seem to be trying to make a buck off white/silver labs. She's just foolishly enthusiastic over something she clearly likes but knows very little about.

I think it's pretty easy to get overheated over something that four people are ever going to read.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Maybe we should all start sending her questions about her knowledge of the breed and where she got all her information or if she pulled it out of her ARSE!!! Which is what I suspect she did!:mad:

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Yes, she's fairly ignorant, but generally speaking, she seems fairly harmless.
Only problem here is that those people who are ingnoranter & harmlesser (are those real words?) :confused: than her will take her crap as gospel. Hey, they read it on the net. It MUST be true right? :rolleyes:

I think it's pretty easy to get overheated over something that four people are ever going to read.
I hope you're right but even that would be 4 too many IMO. :mad:

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I think that if you're actually going to the trouble of researching a new pet on the internet, this probably won't be the only article on labs that you'll find.

The people we need to worry about, in my opinion, aren't the casually ignorant. I think we should save our righteous indignation for those actually trying to fleece people with designer dogs of dubious parentage, not those saying find yourself a good breeder and stay away from pet stores.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its definitely not the only article a person would find, but when I did the search (I forget the exact words I used) to find out how to train a lab to be a service dog it was in the top three.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Its definitely not the only article a person would find, but when I did the search (I forget the exact words I used) to find out how to train a lab to be a service dog it was in the top three.
Once again, it occurs to me that anybody with enough experience to even contemplate training a lab to be a service dog would see right through this woman's "expertise".

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, I agree, but the fact there are people out there like this baffle me. I'm a writer ... I've written for Costco and I write for an online outdoor magazine ... never do I write an article about something I am now knowledged about. It blows me away there are uneducated people writing articles about important things (such as the existance of silver and white* labradors) ...

It's just insane!

*I know a white lab is a light yellow lab, but as a standard breed colour, um, no.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts