Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some friends of our here in Texas, they paid 2800.00 for a lab out of NC because it was WHITE. AKC does not recognize white does it? Aren't they all yellow? I guess what I'm asking are all these folks getting taken for a ride? Are they getting sold a bill of goods about a dog that is really no different then a yellow or is it just personal preferance? I think the white labs are beautiful too, but I'm bias I love all labs. The price tag on this one caught me as holy moly even with champion bloodlines it was a lot to pay for a childs pet. Just throwing that out there for food or thought . :confused:

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
I'm just :surprise: about that price tag!!!!!! And I always thought that 'white' were just the paler end of yellow...like fox red are at the other end of the yellow scale.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
There is no such thing as a white lab, but there are very light yellow labs that some choose to call white either out of ignorance or deception.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
just a very pale yellow. Hunter posts here and on I'd occassionally. Hunter is a white lab, really hard to find in the snow. We meet another one at the DP occassionally.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Well I don't know for sure, but if they are charging more for a "white" rather than a regular yellow, then that is BS. Yellows include ALL color varieties that go from very white all the way to very red, or Fox red as they are called.

If that price is the "normal" for that particular breeder for all of their dogs, then I would say that is VERY high, but if they are charging more for a "white" lab than the other colors, then I don't think I would be getting a dog from them at all. :no:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yep, I have a "rare, snow white, polar, bleached....." lab, j/k. He and Hunter look alot alike.

He is a yellow lab, with a coat that is the color of copy paper...or some might say...white :scare:....

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Just a lighter shade of yellow im afraid and they most likely paid more for the "white" label, it will say yellow on any papers.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Yes - it was a bunch of BS. There is no official "white lab". It is considered a shade of yellow and should NOT cost more. People will pay that much for lab puppy have not done any homework AT ALL! and they got taken for a ride!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I saw this "white" Lab on a photo site a while back and thought it was stunning with the blue eyes. Must be a mix. At the dog park I see many white shades of yellow Labs so they are not that uncommon and to pay that much is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Hunter is officially a Yellow Lab, his fur just never turned yellow. Both of his parents were dark yellow, almost red. He and his brother came from a litter of 13 and were the whitest ones in the group.

I thought Hunter would turn more yellow as he got older, as you can see in the pics below he did not. The only yellow on him is the very tip of his tail.

Although Hunter is worth every penny, there is no way in hell I would pay $2800 for a dog, especially without seeing the parents and papers.

In the snow at night it is nearly impossible to see him

Ed, you need to get back out to the park one of these days, all the other pups have been asking about Hershey, and with the cold snap we are in right now, the river should be frozen over. If you venture out in the cold this weekend, you might see my dad as I will be somewhere warm and sunny.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
No matter what color, labs are beautiful!!! HOWEVER, CHA-CHING$$$ that breeder is astronomical and practicing deceptive advertising!!! Someone is getting ripped a big one at $2800, wow they saw them coming. :scared: :scared: Hope they enjoy that pup, hopefully it won't turn out to be a 'Marley' lab. :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
With people paying that much for a "rare" color, I think if we have puppies again, I will let them get bleached in the summer sun and see if I can sell them for rare ORANGE labs! :hurt: :whatever:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts