Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Controversial, I know, but I'd like to hear all of your thoughts on this... :whistle:

Do you think America is past all of the racial tension or do you think that someone will take things into their own hands?

A lot of people are comparing him to JFK because they are/were both Democrats and were both elected in serious times of crisis in America.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
I would like to think America is past it.....I wish we were. But I don't doubt that there will be assasination attempts because some people are still so ignorant. I really hope for the best though. Especially for his daughters sake. Its gonna be interesting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,457 Posts
SawyerAndMe990 said:
I would like to think America is past it.....I wish we were. But I don't doubt that there will be assasination attempts because some people are still so ignorant. I really hope for the best though. Especially for his daughters sake. Its gonna be interesting.
I agree. There are too many whack-job white supremacists running around out there with weapons. Somebody is going to try to either make a name for himself or "save the country" by taking Obama out. I pray that no one is hurt and the idiots are caught and put away where they belong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,765 Posts
Not any more than Bush. Bush made a lot of enemies, foreign and domestic - enemies that were probably more difficult to track than white supremacists.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
Nick said:
Not any more than Bush. Bush made a lot of enemies, foreign and domestic - enemies that were probably more difficult to track than white supremacists.
I doubt his race really has that much do do with any risk he's in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
I think who ever does try, it's because they want to be part of history. Sad, but let's face if you succeeded you would be as famous as the guy that shot JFK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,715 Posts
delmonico said:
Nick said:
Not any more than Bush. Bush made a lot of enemies, foreign and domestic - enemies that were probably more difficult to track than white supremacists.
I doubt his race really has that much do do with any risk he's in.
That was my thought Glen, I think if it happens it will have nothing to do with his race. Even though he wasn't my choice, I certainly hope it doesn't happen, if you think this country is a mess right now, man oh man would we be in trouble!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
Momof3Labs said:
I think who ever does try, it's because they want to be part of history. Sad, but let's face if you succeeded you would be as famous as the guy that shot JFK.
Yeah, too bad we don't know who it was. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
dipete said:
delmonico said:
Nick said:
Not any more than Bush. Bush made a lot of enemies, foreign and domestic - enemies that were probably more difficult to track than white supremacists.
I doubt his race really has that much do do with any risk he's in.
That was my thought Glen, I think if it happens it will have nothing to do with his race. Even though he wasn't my choice, I certainly hope it doesn't happen, if you think this country is a mess right now, man oh man would we be in trouble!
Those who try to tell us he's in danger because of his race are most likely folks who would like it to be if it happens. Wonder what would happen if I said that most Black Supremists ain't that bright. The flack on this board would most likely take 5-6 pages at least. I find out most who claim to not be a bigot are often the most color blind. Bigotry crosses all color barriers. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,715 Posts
delmonico said:
dipete said:
delmonico said:
Nick said:
Not any more than Bush. Bush made a lot of enemies, foreign and domestic - enemies that were probably more difficult to track than white supremacists.
I doubt his race really has that much do do with any risk he's in.
That was my thought Glen, I think if it happens it will have nothing to do with his race. Even though he wasn't my choice, I certainly hope it doesn't happen, if you think this country is a mess right now, man oh man would we be in trouble!
Those who try to tell us he's in danger because of his race are most likely folks who would like it to be if it happens. Wonder what would happen if I said that most Black Supremists ain't that bright. The flack on this board would most likely take 5-6 pages at least. I find out most who claim to not be a bigot are often the most color blind. Bigotry crosses all color barriers. ;)
True dat!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
dipete said:
delmonico said:
dipete said:
delmonico said:
Nick said:
Not any more than Bush. Bush made a lot of enemies, foreign and domestic - enemies that were probably more difficult to track than white supremacists.
I doubt his race really has that much do do with any risk he's in.
That was my thought Glen, I think if it happens it will have nothing to do with his race. Even though he wasn't my choice, I certainly hope it doesn't happen, if you think this country is a mess right now, man oh man would we be in trouble!
Those who try to tell us he's in danger because of his race are most likely folks who would like it to be if it happens. Wonder what would happen if I said that most Black Supremists ain't that bright. The flack on this board would most likely take 5-6 pages at least. I find out most who claim to not be a bigot are often the most color blind. Bigotry crosses all color barriers. ;)
True dat!
Kinda like when I see someone who is of, lets say, another ethnical group, wearing a Jeff Foxworthy T-Shirt. I always wonder if I had a You Might be a "that ethnical group" t-shirt on, how offended that person from that group would be. :whistle:

Seen it on several different ones. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
IzzyLucyWillie said:
oh geez, not the jeff foxworthy/******* stuff again :ugly:
Sorry, are you a bigot about poor white southern folks, it's not different than any other group it ain't PC to make fun of. Just some folks are blind to it. If folks can use the ******* term why in the hell can't I use all the others about other groups. Some folks will never understand and will stay in their own little bigotrys. :( :( :( :( :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,472 Posts
Quote from: SawyerAndMe990 on Today at 12:34:18 AM
I would like to think America is past it.....I wish we were. But I don't doubt that there will be assasination attempts because some people are still so ignorant. I really hope for the best though. Especially for his daughters' sake. Its gonna be interesting.
Quote from: AmazonGold
I agree. There are too many whack-job white supremacists running around out there with weapons. Somebody is going to try to either make a name for himself or "save the country" by taking Obama out. I pray that no one is hurt and the idiots are caught and put away where they belong.
I agree 100%
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,512 Posts
The head of the secret service was interviewed on the news yesterday. He said he is at highest risk of any present day president. Said they are worried not about groups targeting him but a lone nut.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
nellies mom said:
The head of the secret service was interviewed on the news yesterday. He said he is at highest risk of any present day president. Said they are worried not about groups targeting him but a lone nut.
The lone nut is always the biggest risk, no matter who is President. Lone nuts took out the first three assinated, the debate about the 4th will never be decided to everyones satisfaction.

Yes Booth had co-conspiriters, but their targets were other than the President. Booth alone took out Lincon, so I put him in that catagory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
Let's just hope that he doesn't make somebody mad, by appointing a cabinet member that wants to get rid of the secret union vote.
If he wants to cut down military spending, I wonder who he could upset on that one(think of the dollar amount)? There are a lot of groups that hold money and power close to them and they may want to protect them. I wonder how JFK feels about these issues? And yes, there will always be someone with their own agenda...

Glenn, I totally agree with your statements!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,054 Posts
Since we have had 4 assassinations of sitting Presidents, and 90 (according to Wikipedia) attempts, it would seem likely that any man who is President is at a high risk.
So yes I'd have to say Obama is at a high risk---as was Bush. There was an assassination attempt on Bush--with two previous possible attempts, two attempts on Clinton, two on Gerald Ford.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,548 Posts
delmonico said:
Those who try to tell us he's in danger because of his race are most likely folks who would like it to be if it happens.
Sorry, I believe he is in more danger of assassination because of his race and I don't wish it on him. I am not a bigot and I'm not white either. Don't make assumptions.

I'm a realist. There are idiots out there which are still upset about the civil rights movement. They might not come out and tell you that in conversation, but they're out there. To think otherwise is very naive.

There are places here that have an unspoken policy of whites only. A golf course that my husband golfed on once is owned by the grand dragon of the KKK in this area. He didn't know it until he had played on the course and the guys he was with thought it was funny to tell him that. He left immediately and wouldn't go back even when I asked him to take me. I would have flaunted their policy of no non-whites in their faces once I played their course. He was afraid they'd shoot me where I stood on the 18th green.

So don't tell me that it doesn't exist. It does exist and it's everywhere in this country. Racism is a bit more subtle perhaps, but it's still there.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top