Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone.

Im hoping someone is still around to give me some advice. The more, the merrier. My dog was playing on my mothers lawn this afternoon and we noticed that the pesticide sign was against the fence. We asked about it(as soon as he stepped on the lawn) and she informed us that the "caution time" had past (48 hours plus) and it was now safe. Well, Dexter has vomited three times and had diarrhea once. All else seems to be fine. Not acting strange etc. I may be jumping to conclusions here b/c he may have just had a BIG day as the drive was 3 hours and we visited three different family members and three different locations and one even had a dog. Oh and at the house with the dog, he walked into the kitchen and grabbed a mouthful maybe more of this other dogs food. I should also mention that he is 5 months old and that he was at doggy daycare yesterday. They tell you that your puupy may exprience diarrhea after the time there b/c of all the excitement.

Ok, getting vets opinion but if anyone else has been thru this or has any knowledge, I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sounds like a lot of activity to me. Gauge generally gets soft stools when he plays and runs all day, but he's never vomited.

I guess just try and keep fluids in him and maybe see if his vomiting stops and stools are forming tomorrow. I would fast him...maybe just for a half day due to his age...then for the next meal, maybe just cut it in half. Definately call a vet though and get their opinion.

·
Registered
454 Posts
How is Dexter today?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the excitement. Finley always has a loose stool when he's been playing at the dog park, and it's not like going to the dog park is a rarity. For awhile we went to the park every day and he still did it. If Dexter drank a lot of water very fast, that could have caused the vomiting too. Definitely worth keeping an eye on him though & getting a vet's opinion, especially if you think he might have eaten the grass.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello!

Im happy to report that Dexter is feeling much better today! He has not vomited all day and his stools keep getting firmer. We did cut back on food today or not really cut back but gave smaller meals more frequently and really encouraged water, water and more water. His demeanor seems to be back to "normal" too :) I'll have a close eye on him for the rest of the day and thru tomorrow. He'll have to skip the dog park tomorrow but can resume his daily hike there Tuesday. Doctors orders ;)

Thank you for the replies!

Dawn & Dex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts