Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ironing pile is calling and all weekend I have ignored it and chose to do other things... it is now getting to that time when I can no longer avoid.... I wish hubby would volunteer........ :eek: :eek: that is not going to happen... :mad:

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
What is this ironing you speak of? :p

I don't own an iron. If it can't come right out of the dryer wrinkle free(providing I take it straight out) then I don't own it. It would take a pretty special guy for me to iron for. I haven't found him...lol.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Ironing?

I dropped an iron on my foot once...needless to say I'm not a huge fan of this ironing that you speak of

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Lizzie-May said:
The ironing pile is calling and all weekend I have ignored it and chose to do other things... it is now getting to that time when I can no longer avoid.... I wish hubby would volunteer........ :eek: :eek: that is not going to happen... :mad:
Ironing for one is enough for me

My heart goes out to you !

Why can't we just walk around naked and shed fur like our fur kids eh !

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
I hate it, i refuse to do it...

DH i send his stuff out and Jeffrey's work pants I bought the wrinkle free ones from Macy's.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm very anti iron. SU is Air Force and I refuse to iron his uniforms. They taught him how to do it in basic training for a reason. Not me. 8)

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Ironing seems like such a British thing...when I stayed with a friend of the family in Kent, I noticed she even ironed her family's underwear! That struck me as so funny. I never iron anything--and if it's wrinkled, I usually figure they'll shake out after awhile.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Ack! No ironing! I tend to iron wrinkles in. I've never mastered the art of ironing. I just send that sort of stuff to the cleaners.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Isn't that what the $1.25 dry cleaners are for?

I buy most things wash and wear. I did get a Rowenta iron for Christmas one year and boy that does save time but since we went business casual at work it saves me a ton of money between dry cleaning and stockings.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I LOVE to iron! I love the smell of ironing. Before I had so many dogs I'd spend entire Saturdays ironing things. DH's t-shirts, pillowslips, hankies, dinner napkins, cocktail napkins, jeans, even starching some items. (Oh... and the odd hair ribbon now and then when my hair was long.)

Then there were just too many dog feet getting tangled up in the iron cord and bumping into the board that it became hazardous, actually.

So now we are wash and wear with the occasional skirt or dress shirt which must be pressed.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Nance, could you come over please? Thanks.

PS Zoe won't bother you. For some reason, she is terrified of the ironing board. :-\

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
I only iron my own clothes on a "need to" basis. Our ironing board is permanently set up in the little bedroom.
I am so thankful that Jim irons his own clothes.

I used to iron for all my Mom's friends when I was 12-14 years old. I don't remember how I got paid but I made good money ironing linens and clothes..and since we didn't have a TV, I would pass the time at night ironing and making a few extra bucks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts