Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my Ipod is stuck on a menu item and I can't turn it off or get it to do anything. I try holding down the button and it doesn't shut off. I try hooking it up to the computer and iTunes doesn't recognize that the Ipod is hooked up. Help.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
When this happened to me, I had to let the battery die. When it was dead, I recharged it and it reset itself.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Yeah. Maybe someone else will have a better idea. The ipod really needs a "reset" button.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
You need to press and hold two buttons.. i'm trying to remember which.. the middle and the top one, i think..

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
kelli said:
You need to press and hold two buttons.. i'm trying to remember which.. the middle and the top one, i think..
Yep... Here are the instructions.
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705

1) Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
2) Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Jimbo said:
kelli said:
Yep... Here are the instructions.
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705

1) Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
2) Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step
What is the hold switch? Is it the little thing on the top of the ipod that keeps it from getting turned on accidentally?

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes that's the Hold switch Jenn. Thanks ladies. That worked. Dumb-assed technology!!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd be flinging that stinkin' Ipod into the street without everyone here. ;)

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I'm glad you asked about this, because that's the very type of thing that causes me to accidently bang said dumb-assed technology repeatedly until it breaks. Now I have a plan of action when it happens to my Ipod.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MickeysMommy said:
I'm glad you asked about this, because that's the very type of thing that causes me to accidently bang said dumb-assed technology repeatedly until it breaks.
I was tempted but don't have another $200 to replace it not counting all the hours of getting all the songs back on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts