Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help!

I'm going to get an ipod shuffle... I need fun & funky songs to put on it for when I run (as it is nearly warm enough here to run outside without risk of dying on the ice/snow).

Suggestions??

What's on your ipod?

(thanks!!)

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
I think there was a similar thread on the 'old' forum... my suggestions are any Janis Joplin, Roadrunner (love the Jazz Butcher's version), Queen is good..

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I don't really know "new" music, so mine would be New Order, The Cure, Depeche Mode (do I sense a theme here?).:)

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Oh my you wouldn't want anything that's on mine! I have Trace Adkins, George Strait, Nox Arcana, Celtic Serenity, Eagles, Josh Groban, Bette Midler, Neil Young, Enigma, I guess you could say my music taste is er...eclectic? lol

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I need your help!

I'm going to get an ipod shuffle... I need fun & funky songs to put on it for when I run (as it is nearly warm enough here to run outside without risk of dying on the ice/snow).

Suggestions??

What's on your ipod?

(thanks!!)
What sort of music do you like? Personally I like to run to rap :D Angry music gets me pumped.

Ben Folds can be fun, upbeat music sometimes - I like his new CD a lot, although I don't know if I would run to it :)

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL Jess... I like to drive to rap (but only if the boys aren't in the car... can't have them learning all those nasty words lol) I was going to put rap on it for sure.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
LOL Felicia! Okay then here we go:

American Boy - Estelle ft. Kanye West
Pop Champagne - Ron Browz
The Black Album - Jay z (all of it hehe or actually if you can find a version of the Grey Album that is awesome - it's the white album mixed with the black album, really cool sound)
Graduation - Kanye West (the whole album is great it kind of goes slow, fast, slow - perfect for warm up, workout, cool down)

I also have some random Dave Matthews added in (Warehouse, Ants Marching) and really like working out to Guster (Lost and Gone Forever is my favorite CD of theirs).

John really likes the Fretellis (I know I spelled that wrong probably) and Kings of Leon - he's always got those on lately - not sure how I feel about working out to them, but he seems to be okay with it :p

Enjoy the shuffle!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Felicia, do you have CDs you love? Put them on the computer, make them MP3s, and load them on the Shuffle through iTunes.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Right now on my workout playlist:
Ti and Rhianna LIve your lift
Kelly Clarkson my life would suck without you
FLo Rida Right Round
TT Justin Timberlake Dead and gone

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Rap...err. Not sure if he is strictly 'rap', but try typing Dizzee Rascal into YouTube or iTunes and check out the songs. He has some great songs for working out to.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
I think my taste in music is too old for you

When I used to run, I had:

John Cougar Mellencamp (sp?)
Bruce Springsteen
Tina
Creedence
Stones
Pink Floyd
...etc

warm up and warm down songs by Al Stewart (year of the cat)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot that one, it's on my workout playlist too. Crack a Bottle
Oh yeah I like that one too - I just catch it on the radio now, but it would be a really good addition to the iPod!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I'll suggest a Nano in lieu of the shuffle, ;) because I like seeing what songs I am going to...

and then add some Kanye, Luda, Sir Mix a Lot (Baby got back), anything Counting Crows, hmmm....my favorite walking songs right now are Ben Lee - Catch my Disease, Eric Hutchinson - Rock and Roll, and of course, Michael Franti - Say Hey.

Some old school TLC, and P!nk can't hurt no one :) Have fun!

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
There are a few bands that really help me workout... mainly RHCP, Foo Fighters and Green Day. Other than that I can't really help in the music department... most of my other music is Australian artists but I just wanted to say how much I love my shuffle when I am working out!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I think my taste in music is too old for you

When I used to run, I had:

John Cougar Mellencamp (sp?)
Bruce Springsteen
Tina
Creedence
Stones
Pink Floyd
...etc

warm up and warm down songs by Al Stewart (year of the cat)
Finely some music I know!! Just added some more music to my iphone tonight, Bob Seger, Match Box 20 and some Keb Mo- Also have a huge country selection but I won't bore you with those

1 - 19 of 19 Posts