Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have decided to add an addition to our family. My husband has always wanted a golden (I had one who passed away about four years ago before we met). We have our two labs and will add this golden girl to our clan. Looks like I get a diet and exercise partner. She needs to get some weight down, but her personality already is so bubbly, and she gets along great with the boys. I have a feeling we will always have a golden and a lab in our clutch... Check our her pictures... oh and another thing, they call her Indy or IndyAnna...well we have an Indy, so we are going to try to call her Annie, but I'm sure if I holler for Indy that two dogs will be coming, which isnt a bad thing either....

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/12129342?recno=1

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Anna is just beautiful. Bless you for adopting a senior lady. The boys will love having a sister and you get a partner to exercise with - good deal all around. Hugs and blessings to all of you!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you NM and Oakley. We absolutely adore senior dogs here and I wish I could take them all. She's a crazy girl with lots of energy, and I imagine after I get about 20 pounds off of her, she'll be wizzin around the backyard with no problem. We've had the talk and I told her I want another 8 years outta her :)

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Good for you (and for her)! She's lovely as is, and when she gets some weight off she'll be gorgeous.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Aw, good for you! She's beautiful. I love, love Goldens. It will be great to watch her progress with you guys!

·
Registered
87 Posts
The old gals are my favorite! There's a special place in heaven for those who take home seniors! We adopted an extremely overweight lab 3 years ago, figuring she was a diamond in the rough. Sadie dropped a whopping 22 lbs and is now a beautiful, healthy and svelte girl who is wonderfully endearing. Your lovely Anna will embrace her new healthy lifestyle. Congratulations!

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Awwww what a sweetheart! Thank you for taking her. You have a great heart :)

Oh and you'll have to post weight loss pics of her, down the road :).

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love old goldens, they look so sweet with their grey faces

you will have a good challenge controling her weight. Congratulations
Actually, I dont think it will be much of a challenge. Her fosters are WONDERFUL people and love her lots, but they love her with lots of treats too. Between cutting her intake more than half, adding fresh veggies, and walking (this is the special ingredient she hasn't had), I think by June I'll have at least half the weight off.

Awwww what a sweetheart! Thank you for taking her. You have a great heart :) Oh and you'll have to post weight loss pics of her, down the road :).
This from the mom of my favorite girlie who won my older yellow boy's heart, you are a great inspiration!.

I cant wait to post pictures of her progress. She's a crazy lil fruitcake, but she LOVES LOVES LOVES our boys, especially my old handicapper. I think she's just what this quiet house needs again...Yayyyy plus she's a girlie, pink collars and bandanas!!!!! (psst dont tell the hubby, he is so anti-PINK).

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Arrrrgh the suspense is KILLING ME... She was supposed to have her heartworm and thyroid checked yesterday so she was ready to come with us...we have not heard anything yet...We have her bed, dog diner, green beans all waiting for her to come home (we already had the kibble and they are giving us a collar then we'll match the leash to it).... CANT WAIT, CANT WAIT, COME ON ALREADY!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts