Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like you to meet my first grandchild, Dylan, who was born on April 22to my daughter and son-in-law. He weighed in at 8 pounds 11 ounces and was 22 inches long at birth. He is a big boy! He was born on his due day (which my daughter says proves that he is just like her and a little bit obessive compulsive) and mother and baby are both doing very well. We had gone to see Jimmy Buffett on Tuesday in Charlotte and were planning to sleep in on Wednesday morning, but she called about 6:15 and said they were headed to the hospital. Since they live about 3 hours away, we got showered and on the road right away.

This was taken when they got into their room late Wednesday night and I got to hold him for the first time:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Congratulations, won't take to long to realize how fun they are and wonder why we didn't have Grandkids first.:D

Oh and welcome to the Old Pharts Club.:D

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Dylan looks so alert in the picture not sleepy in the least. Getting to know Gram who he will have wrapped around his little finger.

Enjoy your time with him and may he bring a lifetime of love, laughter and happiness to all of you.

Congratulations.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Congratulations to you, Dylan, and the whole family. Welcome to one of the best times in life. Grandkids are better than kids, and I tell our kids that. When the grandkids misbehave, or feel bad, or whatever you would rather avoid, THEY GO BACK TO THEIR PARENTS!!!!

One of my favorite things is to teach the grandkids all the naughty things their parents did at the appropriate age. TIME TO GET EVEN!!!!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Congratulations! Yes, there is nothing more special than spending time with your grandchildren. Mine live two hours away and I don't get to see them as much as I'd like but it just makes the times more special. And yes, I don't have to deal with the bad stuff!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts