Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sophie has always had a KILLER startline stay. We've worked very hard at it, and she's nearly always rock solid. At the start of class, we're doing a short sequence and soph is drifting off, sniffing and not focussing. So I leash her up and return to our seat, giving her a brief time out for lack of attention.

For the rest of the night, she would NOT break her stay when I'd give her the release cue. Amazing focuss, ears and eyes forward, but would just lean forward then correct herself back into her start-sit.

She's a very VERY sensitive soul, but stuff like this really illustrates this. :pray:

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Good job Soph!! I can't wait to see her in action someday. ;)

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
COOL!! I'll totally have to get out there! That's the day before this dang cast comes off, so I wouldn't be able to bring puppers anyhoo. :(

I'd love to actually get out to a "real" agility trial though, I've only ever watched it on TV and at event demonstrations. Never an actual competition. ;)

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you'll get to meet at least one icelandic sheepdog too! I have terrible ring nerves, so either I'll be hiding from you or distracting myself by explaining it all to you... not sure yet. Regardless, don't be offended ...

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
kaytris said:
you'll get to meet at least one icelandic sheepdog too! I have terrible ring nerves, so either I'll be hiding from you or distracting myself by explaining it all to you... not sure yet. Regardless, don't be offended ...
Explain away!! I'll have tons of questions if you're up for answering them. ;) Just ask Susan, I peppered her with obedience questions at the trial on friday. :D

If you need to hide though that's cool. I'll be totally content to sit and take in all the action. 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts