Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So - Blaise is now 7 months old. He has never chewed much of anything (besides that Eric Clapton CD several months ago) but he has turned into something of a collector/nest builder.

He will scour the house looking for shoes - any shoes - and socks. He carries them one at a time and piles them up in an out of the way location. Then - he settles in for a nap on top of the pile. (No chewing of shoes happens.)

He really likes carrying around a shoe too - sometimes he just walks around the house that way.

Anyone else's dog do this?

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Bauer hides things in his crate, but I don't think he naps on them :). Every once in a while I will catch him with a sock or a peice of paper that he is carrying into his crate. He always puts his treasures in the back corner. Every couple of days, I check and take out any weird stuff I find.

He always has a guilty look on his face, like a kleptomaniac or something.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Aw, I think that is kind of cute!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
That is SO CUTE!! :eek:

Simon likes to carry things around too. His very favorite is socks. He will come to find you with his mouth all stuffed full of sock, and his tail will just be waggin, and he looks SO darn proud of himself, you couldn't possibly be mad at him! LOL!

So, we've spent several years making a big deal of how cute Simon is with his socks (terrible, I know). In the past few months, Angus decided he needed his own niche. So now, he's in charge of carrying shoes.

After writing this down I'm thinking, "What terrible habits I am encouraging!" LOL But really, they don't hurt anything, and they seem to enjoy it so much. :p

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Neither of my boys is a 'carrier.' :( Shadow was, though she usually carried toys, or sticks, or frisbees, but she loved to carry things. The boys just ... don't, and I really miss that.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
When mine were about that age, they both would grab the toilet bowl brush. :eek: and I gotta admit it cracked me up seeing them run by the door with it. But that seemed to be a phase and they both have long since stopped that.

Each will occasionally get a worn t-shirt, gym shorts or something like that of mine and lie on it to sleep on. They don't chew on it..and I guess I am too soft for my own good. Unless I am about to throw into the washer, I just let them lie on it. As long as they are not destroying it, I don't see the harm. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts