Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nance, you inspired me to try some home fix it projects. So today i asked Bobby to take my car so i could use his pick up truck to take some screens into the hardware store for repair. I watched him struggle on the weekend due to his back bothering him. So i ventured out in his truck (standard shift), an accomplishment for me. And while i was at the hardware store, bought a new door handle kit for the screen door and have completed the project by replacing the entire handle myself. Feels wonderful!!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
GOOD FOR YOU! I'm proud of you, too! :)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
WAY TO GO!! :D Doesn't it feel good to be able to do something like that yourself? It's empowering!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jackie, what surprises me the most is half way through, i wondered how come there was no swearing, cursing and tool throwing going on? LOL empowering yes!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Jackie, what surprises me the most is half way through, i wondered how come there was no swearing, cursing and tool throwing going on? LOL empowering yes!
LOL! Very true! But here's a flip side to the "no swearing" scenario.

Over the weekend I finally got the stuff together to paint the kitchen hutch Tud built for us years ago. You can't move the hutch, nor can you remove the microwave or big toaster oven. You just have to paint around them.

As I began working I found myself talking to him (OUT LOUD!) "Oh man, Tud. I see why you put this paint job off year after year. This is a real pain!" Over and over... "Oh man, Tud. I hate this project".

So, doing things ourselves gives us some insight as well as empowerment. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts