Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to think of what the most thoughtful thing my spouse has done for me... so, I felt I needed to ask him.

So, the question is, WHAT do YOU consider to be the most thoughtful thing you have done for your spouse?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I do things everyday, but I hand crafted a Texas A&M Hat Rack from scratch for our first Xmas together. LOL If I make something crafty for someone, it is definitely from the heart.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i leave little "i love you" notes on the bathroom mirror the next morning after a rough day at work the day before. i will also make little cards and leave them for him on his computer keyboard. i'm the romantic one in our marriage.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I used to 'kidnap' SU... tell her to be ready to go out by 7:00 and then take her somewhere without her knowing where we were going. Sometimes it was dinner out. Or a concert. Or even just a movie she wanted to see. Once, it was to a B&B (I had packed for her) for a nice weekend.

This was before kids, of course.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
The coolest thing I did was that basket that you helped me with, Shanna....LOL.

John was on one of his business trips....I think to Denver maybe? Shanna and I went shopping to
pick out all of John's favorite things to put into a gift basket....smoked almonds, beef jerky, gouda cheese,
crackers and lots of other stuff. Then I found some gorgeous dragonflies and had the lady pin them all over
the stuff in the basket (we love dragonflies). She shrink-wrapped the whole basket and put pretty ribbon on it
and I had it delivered to his hotel room.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Take the kids somewhere (anywhere) so she could have some alone time.(years ago,now)

I would handle all the school clothes shopping when the girls were teenagers. Anyone with teenagers knows that deserves a medal.

I clean the house, cook dinner and do laundry on a regular basis. I will detail her car for her. She hates doing it!

B

·
0 Posts
We've only been together 5 months, so it's tough to say. The other day I left him a silly card telling him I love him THIIISSSS much. He'd had a rough day.

He says he's never been treated this well or listened to the way I listen to him. That makes me happy (that he's happy) and sad (that no one has treated him well in the past) at the same time.

I also make a huge effort to be a good example for his little girl. We have her five nights a week and every other weekend so I know that even though I never wanted to be a mom, I am a de-facto mother figure. I want to make sure I'm good at it.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Um... I don't know that I've done anything. I don't think I'm a very good wife.

Two years ago for Father's Day I got him a new grill and I put the whole thing together one night while he was at work - he worked third shift. It was a big stainless steel thing. I was good until I had to actually lift the grill part onto the base!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I'm the romantic one in our marriage too. I do little things for Ron all the time. I put notes in his lunch almost daily, send him silly emails, stick cards in his backpack, or sometimes mail them to him at home because he gets the mail. :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Aside from having his daughter, he would probably say the best thing I've done for him was send him and a friend to Las Vegas for NASCAR for his 30th birthday. I do lots of nice things for him though. He plays poker, goes fishing, etc. pretty much whenever he wants and I don't give him any crap about it. His friends and co-workers hate him for that but whatever. But he's good to me and our marriage as well so it all evens out.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I gave him the three most wonderful gifts in our lives. :) I send him something every day while he's deployed - cards, letters, photos of the kids, care packages, etc.. I take care of him. I cut the grass for him every week. He probably thinks that's the most romantic. :p I cheer him up when he's had a rough day, I support his dreams and ideas, and I do a bunch of little things.

I've always hated football, and I learned to love it for him! lol Also, he has always loved the Saints, but he had never been to a game. For his birthday one year, I took him to New Orleans and to his very first Saints game! We've been to a lot more since then. Probably the best birthday present ever for him! lol

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Hmm...I like to say I do more "romantic" things for my BF than he does. It's harder though b/c we live 3 hours apart. Whenever I go to visit, I try to leave little notes here and there for him to find after I've left. I'll send him nice cards to get in the mail, and I've sent him little packages with homemade cookies :)

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
On a regular basis I have supported his dreams and sacrificed and worked to help achieve them. But I think the one thing that sticks out in my mind is our tenth anniversary. We had never gone away together, just the two of us, but were wanting too. Unfortunately that wasn't possible. I got the kids to bed early then decorated our room like the bahamas, where we went for our honeymoon. I bought big palm trees that happened to be on sale at Jewel that week, spread out sand colored blankets on the floor and surrounded them with underbed storage containers that were shallow, but big, that were filled with sand (which I then saved for the boys sand box) and put on a bikini! I was playing the cd that had the songs on it that the band right outside our hotel room on our honeymoon kept playing. It was fabulous! ;D Now I have to ask him what comes to mind and see if he says the same thing. :)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Hmmm, I do lots of little things for him - he loves little "just for no reason" surprises. I just got him this awesome single serving tea pot that he'll love (it looks like a man's teapot lol). He loves that I cook for him (when we were in college I still made a sit-down dinner 3-4 times a week). I also clean his apartment top-to-bottom every time I'm in NY, I figure it's the least I can do since he supports me while I'm taking my four month work hiatus before vet school starts. Best off all he doesn't expect me to clean, ever - so I just want to do it even more :)

The most romantic single thing? When he was first starting to flyfish for his birthday I booked a cabin for the two of us, got him a private guide/fishing tutor, and kidnapped him for the weekend to Ashville, NC for some serious fishing! He loved it, I had bought his favorite stuff to make him dinner that night at the cabin and everything (even lots of red wine *hurk*). I even went fishing with him since he was always asking me to. My waders leaked the whole time (it was November) and he's never asked me to do it since LOL!

J

·
0 Posts
Shortly after we got married, Steve had to sell his motorcycle. He has regretted it for years and years. There was a motorcycle that he always wanted that he would look at all the time and dream about.

We have it set up in our budget, after combining paychecks, paying the bills, and putting stuff into savings, to where we each get an "allowance, or mad money". We can spend it however we want and the other one cant complain. If I want to spend my allowance on movie posters or he wants to spend his money on parts for the car he is restoring, neither of us can complain about the other persons purchases.

We for about 2 years I stashed my "mad money" away and didnt tell him. I finally had enough and bought him the motorcycle he always wanted. It was while he was in Iraq. When he came home, it was sitting in the garage. You should have seen his face.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
DH had always loved this 36 foot Hatteras boat. It sat in dry dock next to our little 23 ft center console Wellcraft, for 2 summers.
Right after we got married, I said one day, lets walk over there and get the story about this boat. So, we did, and got the owner's name, number. We called and the guy liked DH so much and he was going through a nasty divorce,(owner not DH) tired of paying dry dock fees, and let us have it for 10k. :)
I told him to go for it. It needed a LOT of work, but that boat is his "therapy" as he calls it. His baby and he loves working on it. l A true labor of love.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
and HECK yesI agree with whoever said gave him 2 kids...

I birthed his big headed SON! and let him name him after himself even though that was NOT the agreed upon name!

R

·
0 Posts
Every morning before I go leave for work, I go and give SU a kiss on the cheek and tell him I love him. (He gets to sleep in later them me :( ) He has told me that he finds it sweet that I do this every day, cause he knows how much if bugs me that he gets to stay asleep when I'm already gone to work.
Besides that I do his laundry, pick up after him, keep the bills paid, buy the groceries, do all the yard work etc, etc, etc.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts