Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feed Cinnamon and Cierra Nature's Variety Raw Instinct kibble and Frozen Raw Patties. I check the website every few days with all the recall stuff. Just found this article. They were discussing melamine with a toxicologist. None of their product have been recalled but some of their foods are made by Menu Foods. http://www.naturesvariety.com/news.lasso

Thought I would post it in case anyone was interested.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Good article.

I was wondering why pets that were known to have been fed contaminated foods were still dying even after receiving veterinary treatment. I thought it was like a poison and they would use an antidote which would reverse the effects but this article shows why that doesn't happen. :'(

Aside from fluid therapy and supportive care, there is no cure for melamine and cyanuric acid poisoning. Occasionally, attempts to dissolve the urate portion of melamine stones may be attempted by alkalizing the urine and providing fluid therapy. However, melamine or cyanuric acid crystals cannot be dissolved once they have precipitated.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
rottnlabs said:
Good article.

I was wondering why pets that were known to have been fed contaminated foods were still dying even after receiving veterinary treatment. I thought it was like a poison and they would use an antidote which would reverse the effects but this article shows why that doesn't happen. :'(

Aside from fluid therapy and supportive care, there is no cure for melamine and cyanuric acid poisoning. Occasionally, attempts to dissolve the urate portion of melamine stones may be attempted by alkalizing the urine and providing fluid therapy. However, melamine or cyanuric acid crystals cannot be dissolved once they have precipitated.
****..... that sucks.....

Melissa
;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts