Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Ender's Mom said:
I suspected as much. (I don't blame them... instruments + cold = not a great combination)
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/23/arts/music/23band.html?_r=1&hp

Now I'm wondering if Aretha Franklin lip synched... My guess would be no... not sure why... but gut feeling.
I'm not surprised. Nor did I think that they brought their very valuable antique instruments out to play in the freezing cold. Very delicate things!

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
I saw that this morning on Morning Joe. Eat your heart out Ashley Simpson. Seriously, though, why do people always think they can get by with it? I mean, I think it was a valid excuse - all they had to do was explain why and not lie.

Now I'm wondering if Aretha Franklin lip synched... My guess would be no... not sure why... but gut feeling.
I think you're right, but then again I didn't think she did a very good job.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Nick said:
I saw that this morning on Morning Joe. Eat your heart out Ashley Simpson. Seriously, though, why do people always think they can get by with it? I mean, I think it was a valid excuse - all they had to do was explain why and not lie.

They did'nt really lie though.....

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
They did'nt really lie though.....
To me, it's a lie when you know people will believe something based on your actions that is not true. How many people talked about how good they did, how great that was, etc.? That was the impression they were aiming for, and that wasn't true. At best, they were coy and they should've said it was recorded, not a few days in advance say it may be recorded.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
We were wondering if they had heaters set up or something since it was so cold (for the strings). That's kind of sad.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nick said:
LOL... my thoughts exactly!

Her performance of Nessum Dorma at the Grammys quite a few years ago endeared me to her though.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
NPR reported that the four musicians DID actually play, but only those in the first few rows would have heard them.
All the rest of the world heard a recording.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts