Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back when Ma passed away, several of us talked and wanted to do something in Ma's memory. We sort of wanted it to be dog related since that is how we knew Ma from the beginning. At the time, Kel had mentioned that Koda might have to have a second surgery. We had PM'd between ourselves that helping Koda would be a good way to honor Ma. Kel had no idea we had talked about this. Kelli had said she was not sure how things would turn out so we sort of placed it on the back burner. Well now we know how things turned out.
So...Colin reminded me how we wanted to help Koda to honor Ma. Kelli has agreed to accept our help now, and she will keep photos for us to place on Ma's Facebook page (with Nicki's help) and here and other places where Ma spread her love.
So in honor of our beloved Vicki, Ma; please open your hearts to help Miss Koda in any way you can. We all know how much Ma loved Kel, us and pups every where.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Thanks for posting this Sandy. When Ma died Nikki and I spoke about some type of Memorial for her Mother. She did indicate (with her Dad's blessing I
might add) that memorials in Vickie's memory to a rescue would be appreciated. This is a wonderful idea.

Also, I might mention, that anyone mailing something direct to Kelli from the U.S. check the correct postage rate. I believe it is .72. Pat

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Thanks for posting this Sandy. When Ma died Nikki and I spoke about some type of Memorial for her Mother. She did indicate (with her Dad's blessing I
might add) that memorials in Vickie's memory to a rescue would be appreciated. This is a wonderful idea.

Also, I might mention, that anyone mailing something direct to Kelli from the U.S. check the correct postage rate. I believe it is .72. Pat
What? No mention of that fact that i tossed the first cheque in the garbage and you had to re-send it?

OMG.. i'm such a loser.. seriously =)

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
OMG, kelli! Is it still a "cheque" if it comes from the US?

I think this is a great idea! A wonderful tribute to Ma.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Well Kelli, just goes to prove your secret was safe with me until you blabbed it to twenty million people or so. Silly girl. Should I send you some dog food coupons too!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
(psst... cashing cheques from US banks is expensive and sometimes impossible.. if you're sending a donation, send an INTERNATIONAL MONEY ORDER, not a personal cheque....)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
That's okay Kelli Ma liked all sorts of people.
She did call me "special" until now, i thought that meant something completely different.

(psst... cashing cheques from US banks is expensive and sometimes impossible.. if you're sending a donation, send an INTERNATIONAL MONEY ORDER, not a personal cheque....)
I cashed Pat's yesterday (Pat, i cashed your cheque yesterday) and it didn't cost me anything, i don't think.. i'm not sure.. but the conversion must make up for the fees =)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have emailed with vicki's daughter and she says she knows ma would have liked this. she hopes to have a memorial page up some time in may. will let everyone know the link when it is available.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Nice! :)
I mailed a check yesterday - I hope you don't have a problem cashing it, Kel.

Not to mention, I put regular postage on it.
Also, I might mention, that anyone mailing something direct to Kelli from the U.S. check the correct postage rate. I believe it is .72.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
What a wonderful idea.

I'll see what I can do next week- after our roof gets repaired. lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts