Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the recent popular thread. Got me thinking. I'm very new here(although I've probably read 80% of the posts from the past year) but I cannot imagine providing anything less than the best that I can offer to my little Lincoln. I am fairly young at 23, very broke as a recent college grad, and living on the 3rd floor of an apartment that doesn't even allow dogs over 35 pounds. But Lincoln is at the absolute center of my girlfriend's (soon to be fience, but don't tell her) and my life. I realize we don't have childrn which prob. contributues but we would gladdly spend money we don't really have, as we already have, to make sure Lincoln is healthy and happy. It's quite sad how much Lincoln has nudged himself as the head of the household.

Although he has a crate that he likes to sleep in at times, he has pretty much had the run of the house since he came home. I hadn't been working untill recently so he has had almost constant supervision as my girlfriend and I have been on different sleep schedules. He is now 7 months and housetrained and is all-around the perfect dog other than the occasional barking for more attention. We love taking Lincoln to Valley Forge Park almost daily where he runs free on the back trails.

Anyway, sorry this is so long as it is part an introduction but there is a point to this thread, how cuddly are your pups? Lincoln loves to sleep with us (on our heads, always a nice surprise at 3:am). He'll chew his bones on my chest when I'm laying down, and loves to lay with us in general. My girlfriend and I have both lived with labs with our parents but never seen a dog love to cuddle as much (or at all) as the Dink Man. Again, sorry for the length.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Well welcome to your first post! I should say that most of us are really nice on here, some of us have quirks, but I'm sure you know that from lurking. We are a nice bunch of folk though for the most part.

Lincoln sounds like a little cutie pie, and we'll be needing pics soon!

As for cuddly, I have one who I call my velcro dog, as she is stuck to me everywhere I go. She is such a huge cuddler, and with anyone too. It's really quite funny.

And good luck with your proposal!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It's nice to hear another couple was smitten with Lab love. Like you, SU and I cannot imagine life without our beloved labs!

My girls are very cuddly,one a little more than the other.

a little hint: With two Labs and you don't have to share! ;D

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm from the Valley Forge area too!

Jack has been a big time cuddler since the day we brought him home as a rescue. He loves to lay belly-up on our laps for lots of lovin'. He has to be in the same room with us all the time. Where we go, Jack goes. He follows us everywhere. He's around 4 - 4 1/2 years old.

Abby, up until recently was a little standoff-ish. She was the "I want to be alone" girl and would go into another room to be by herself. Now, when she gets up in the morning she slides herself up to me, flips over on her back and waits for her chest and belly rub. Then she covers me with kisses and she's ready to start her day. She's also content to hang out in the same room as the rest of us. This is a recent development and I'm loving it! She's almost 2 1/2 so I guess she's mellowing a little with age.

Make sure you post more picture of Lincoln. He looks like a cutie!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new here and I can tell you you will enjoy this forum. Everyone is so helpful
As for cuddly, my Sammie who was just 2 on friday is the cuddliest dog I have ever had. Like yours he sleeps all over us. LOL Labs are just great aren't they?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome, Peanut is my cuddle bunny. She doesn't sleep with me all night tho. Due to medical needs I sleep on a fairly narrow hospital bed. She is not real comfortable on it all night so she spends most of the night on her bed next to mine. However in the early morning hours she will climb up and nose her way in next to me. However, anyone who decides to lay down on the living room futon will quickly discover an extra blanket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts