Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My in-laws are coming to visit this weekend ... arriving in about an hour! We are all average-sized people but, when we get together, we eat! I'm going to try to subtly shift the focus of this visit away from the dinners and desserts ... wish me luck! We'll see what everyone thinks of steamed brocolli with dinner, and fresh fruit for dessert. I'll let you know on Monday if I succeed! ;)

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Good luck!!

Here's a suggestion that my future SIL did not long ago: Wal-Mart brand fresh no sugar added angel food cake, strawberries, and no sugar added whipped topping. It ended up that you could eat a HUGE piece of the cake, lots of strawberries, and lots of topping for just about 3 WW points. NOTHING! And it was really tasty, too. :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Oh, I can definitely second what Katherine said! We used to do the angel food cake with mixed berries and sugar-free, fat-free vanilla ice cream (Kemp's was the brand we used to buy). Take a bag of frozen mixed berries and mix in about a packet of Sweet n Lo, then let them sit and get almost thawed out. Yummy with the ice cream and cake! And yes, you can have a HUGE slice of the Walmart angel food cake! The total is three or four points and it tastes like much, much more.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The in-laws have come and gone. Visit was pleasant, and I managed to keep myself in check! Yahoo! ;D Thank you for the dessert suggestions! We did do a lot of fruit desserts ... and I did drink my water!

In fact ... I weighed on Thursday before they arrived, and then again this morning after they left ... I'm down 1.5 pounds. Yes! It is no-doubt some early-diet water weight ... also the scurrying that everyone does when they have houseguests ... coupled with a few walking-sightseeing trips that we took. Regardless, I'm seizing this wonderful start!!!

I also had a glass of red wine around 8pm each night (which I normally would not do on a regular night) ... funny thing is that the wine totally took the place of the 10pm-snackies. And I slept really well too. Hmmmmm ... ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts