Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DH is the master prankster: when he was a kid, he rigged the waterpik in his parents bathroom to squirt people in the face when they flicked the light on. I have a few but I'd love to hear from you guys...post yer bestest pranks!

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
We had a J/L forum practical joke on Regina. LOL

When she asked "what's for dinner" everyone was asked not the answer the question, but post an answer to "something else."

i.e. what's for dinner?

reply: Regina, I have the same hat as that! Cute!!

(it wasn't on April 1, though)

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Larry was sick all yesterday. Threw up multiple times, was really lethargic, etc etc. He improved a lot last night after a small rice dinner, but we were still worried. Before we went to bed, I made Doyle promise to call me if Larry threw up in the middle of the night again.

I woke up this morning at 8:30 to the phone ringing.
Doyle: Oh my god, you finally answered your phone!
Me: huh?
Doyle: I tried to call you like 3 times last night.
Me: OMG, Larry got sick again?!
Doyle: BAHAHA APRIL FOOLS!

:mad:
I was definitely not impressed. Thank God he didn't let it go on for longer than that. I was seriously upset for a minute!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
:D

OK, my family, especially my dad's family, are world-class April foolers from way back. ;D My Grandma, dad's mom, would call me every year when I was young to play an April Fool on me. :D She was so cute. She is one of the people I really look forward to seeing again in heaven. :angel:

I have two...one was my prank, the other was my mom's:

OK, one year in about January my boss at work had her home number changed. It seems it used to be the phone number of a doctor's office, and they were SO tired of getting calls for Dr. Ludbeck. She sent out an email to the staff, saying their number would be unlisted because they were tired of taking the doctor's calls, but here it was in case of an emergency.

He he he he.

I made note, and waited until April. :p I am nothing if not patient.

On March 31, I emailed the entire staff (50 people, minus my boss) and asked them to please take a moment to call her new, unlisted number tomorrow and leave a message for Dr. Ludbeck. And while they were at it, if it wasn't too much trouble, please invent some bizarre set of symptoms and explain them during your message.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Ohh, man, everyone did it. It was FREAKING HILARIOUS! "Hello, my name is Patti Smith, and I have this ingrown toenail that has turned green, and I need to see the doctor right away."

The next one is my Mom's prank on Kevin. He actually wrote about this for a contest the newspaper was having about "Best April Fool" pranks and he WON!

So. I'm not much of a dessert-maker. Never was one for baking cakes, or pies, or cookies. Kevin has a big sweet tooth, so my mom has always occasionally made something for him and brought it over and left it in the fridge. :angel:

On April 1, he found a beautiful meringue pie in the refrigerator, with a note that said, "Thinking of you, Love, Mom." Ohhh, how sweet!

He sliced a big piece and sat next to me on the couch to enjoy his pie. With the first bite, his eyes got really big and he made a horrible face. "What is it?" I asked. He was like, "This pie...this pie doesn't taste very good."

I said, "Oh Kevin, you're so picky. It can't be that bad. Here, let me taste it."

It was, indeed, that bad. :eek:

Mom got two for one that day. :D What she had made was mashed potato meringue pie. Let me tell you, when your tastebuds are expecting sweet and lemony and get cold mashed potatoes, it can be quite shocking! :eek: :D

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Keep in mind that April Fools falls at the end of tax season. We're usually pretty fried by then. The year is 1988. I am 8 months pregnant and I am working 65 hours a week. I am a very tired girl. I am working with Brian (my now and then boss). He is the typical unimaginative prankster - "hey, what's that on your shirt" You look down and he smacks your chin. So funny. Not. I vow to "get" Brian.

I know that Brian and his wife have planned an after tax season trip to Vegas. So I get the managing partner of the firm (not a funny guy, btw - Mr. VERY SERIOUS) to sign off on a fake memo about a trip to Vegas on the exact same dates as Brian's vacation, that will be paid for by the firm. The memo said that the firm was chartering a jet, paying for the room at the Monte Carlo, paying for all meals, and even providing $500 in chips. (Note: accountants are cheap. This would NEVER happen in real life, lol) We print just one memo on the official yellow paper and leave it on Brian's chair while he is at lunch. I could hardly wait for him to get back from lunch. So, about an hour later, I get called into the managing partner's office. He tells me that Brian just came down to make sure that it was OK to bring his wife along. THEY CANCELLED THEIR TRIP! Talk about falling for the joke. Luckily, his wife was able to call the travel agent back and get the trip rebooked. Poor Brian was the biggest April fool that year. I've never had the heart to do anything else to him since then.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ohmigosh, those were hilarious! ;D ;D ;D

I have one of my own. My last year at my old job, we played a prank on the biggest brown-nose in our group. With this guy, if my boss stopped short, he'd have gotten a Mark enema so severe he'd resemble a Centaur. Anyhoo, we thought it'd be hilarious to spoof my boss' email addy and ask Mark to come to his office. We never gave a reason, we just wrote (typical of my boss) "Hey Mark, can you come over here for a minute.". We were all in my office, and everyone would get out of sight while Mark went by heading to the boss' office. He'd go in and we'd all be giggling like idiots. No sooner than he'd reappear and start heading to his desk, and we'd send another spoofed email. We did this for about an hour, and eventually my boss came over to my office to talk about how annoying Mark was being. He saw everyone sitting in there and was like "What the...oh hey!" and we all started roaring. He was cool about it; he actually had us send another one and he watched from the doorway as Mark went in, stepped out and looked down the hallway with this puzzled expression, then came down asking if anyone had seen the boss. When he came to my office, we all yelled "April Fool's" and scared him half to death. We eventually turned Mark into one of us (Gobble-Goggle*), but for a while it looked like he was going to be Captain Brownie Hound forever. We even got him to pull a prank on all of the bosses with us (the famous Pencil Prank) but that wasn't on April 1st. ;)

*obscure reference to the movie Freaks

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I totally don't get April fool's or practical jokes, fall for them everytime. I wonder if its because I tend to have a dryer more sarcastic sense of humor ::)! Always wondered about this.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
not my prank, but it was absolutely brilliant. A friend of my father was both a huge fan of football and a die-hard, bone deep Alberta conservative. Which in the 70's meant a deep and abiding hatred of Trudeau, the Prime Minister at the time.

He had tickets for the Grey Cup in Vancouver, great seats, and was very excited to be attending. One morning he got a phone call "This is so and so from Pierre Trudeau's office. Trudeau will be attending the grey cup this year, and requires a block of seats for security reasons. Unfortunately, this includes your tickets." Dad's friend let of a string of profanity, the nerve and gall of the PM, taking away tickets from hard working joes, and on and on....

Till the radio announcer broke in, saying his son had enrolled him in the 'worst phone call ever' contest

:p

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Oh, that was a good one, I bet your Dad's friend must've wanted to change his name and move! ;D

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts