Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
at the upcoming school talent show, my daughter and her friend will be performing "It's Tricky" by Run DMC.

They will be kickin' it old school.

Although their peers won't have a sweet clue, the teachers should get a kick out of it :)

For those not well versed in the preaching of reverend Run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cYQV62WhkM

(Some lyrics will be slightly modified)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Oh kewl!! One of my old tyme faves!!

It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's Tricky...it's Tricky

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're so proud, aren't you? lol.. next year, AC/DC?
I tried, pushed for the metal, they just weren't interested in Enter Sandman. Couldn't even get a Joan Jett. I figure some classic rap will suffice. It will beat the tar out of the Hannas & Jonases, fo sho! =)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Awesome :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh man, I hope you show us the video! That is very cool. Who's idea was it? :)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh man, I hope you show us the video! That is very cool. Who's idea was it? :)
I suggested going against the grain, everyone will be doing the same stuff, Hannah, Jonas Bros, High School Musical, etc, etc. I told them it would be much cooler do do something unexpected/old school. We googled a lot, got out a lot of my old tapes & records, and youtubed (very carefully!!) some videos. They liked the idea of Run DMC in their all-black outfits with derby hats, white Addidas & multiple gold rope chains the best.

Bananarama's "Cruel Summer" came close second, as did the dance routine from Pat Benetar's "Love is a Battlefield".

I was reeeeeally hoping they'd pick Joan Jett "I Love Rock n' Roll", but no dice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts