Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
food is like money to us. They do tricks and work to be rewarded with food. Some dogs eat all the food they get while others hide food for a rainy day. (People spenders vs savers) Some dogs are countersurfers, others are not. Some people steal money, others are honest.

I noticed that the dogs get excited whenever I say the word "bank". When they are in the car and I go through the drive by window at the bank, they always get biscuits in the return cylinder. They must think that this is a place where treats are stored and given out. This morning I stopped at the bank with Judy in the car, but I parked and walked in. When I came back to the car, Judy went through my purse looking for the treat.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
HAHA! That's hilarious. Isn't it funny to think of the meanings that certain words have for them? I had one the other day, but now I can't remember it.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I think thats cute that Judy looked through your purse, she's a smart girl!

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Awwwww. We have learned (see how they have taught us) that when we go to the bank, since we no longer go to the drive up window(we use the ATM) that we now have to carry a hidden stash for just those times when they are with us. God forbid we should forget cookies!!! lol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
What a nice idea. Our pups don't miss much do they? Both of mine are food driven so the word "cookie" can mean anything from a kibble bite to a baby carrot. They do not care as long as it is food and it is for them! LOL.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Our bank drive thru also gives them treats and they have started to expect this treatment. At the turnpike toll booth, all 3 of mine get excited, waiting for the toll taker to fork over a milk bone...sorry guys!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
So, I guess Bauer is an honest spender :). He eats all the food given to him immediately, but he doesn't countersurf.

Bauer can hear the words "Cookie" and "Treat" from a mile away. We were at a baseball game last summer, and my friend asked her daughter if she wanted a cookie; Bauer sat real pretty in front of her wagging the tip of his tail, "Yes, I do. I do want a cookie." Luckily I had one, because he was just too cute.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
My guys LOVE McDonalds- they hand out Chicken Nuggets!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Our local pharmacy gives out treats, Kiana loves to go for a ride with mom. One day getting my meds they were out of treats, Kiana was so SAD, the while bag came out with no treats from her buddy. lololol She poked on the bag till I dumped it out & showed her, there were none in there. :violin:

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Awwwww. We have learned (see how they have taught us) that when we go to the bank, since we no longer go to the drive up window(we use the ATM) that we now have to carry a hidden stash for just those times when they are with us. God forbid we should forget cookies!!! lol
Ha, ha, ha...that's what I have to do now. We went to a friends bank yesterday and they had no cookies, Lola and Gracie looked so sad. Of course we stopped at the next store I came across for a treat:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts