Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sam had a big day yesterday. He worked during the day with my training partner. Learned how to pick up and carry a live duck, and did some water retrieves. I've noticed that on the days he works with her, he is more tired. I think it's the mental work, not the physical.

Then last night was trick class. It's a prototype class where we are guinea pigs. Learning new tricks so the instructor can figure out the best way to teach them. It's low key, and no stress. Last night was continuing the "wave" and beginning to learn to spin in circles. I'm not really interested in whether he learns any of these...altho the wave is cute, and kind of fun. It's clicker taught, which seems to work really well.

So we get home about 8, and he sacks out. Then my son and dil show up and they (really me) want to go get something at Sonic. Sam is lying on the floor by Bob, totally zonked. Laura says "Sam, you want to go to Sonic?" and he's up in an instant. "Go, did someone say GOOOO??"

We loaded him up and went and got our treats. He rides in the back of my CRV, usually with his head propped on the back of the back seat. When we got there, L. turned around to look at him and said "I think he's asleep! Standing up, with his head propped on the seat, but his eyes were closed. They opened for a minute when we stopped and then drooped back down. Poor dog. Just too much activity for a dog yesterday....

What big hearts they have......I'm exhausted but you're going so I'm going.....

Frances

·
Registered
795 Posts
Poor Sam Dog. Even when I said "Do you want to go?" he could barely keep his eyes open looking at me... :(

He was vewy vewy tired.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts