Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stressed out and scared for koda.. she's still bleeding this morning despite the staples she got yesterday. There's blood on every bed, blanket and surface she's touched.

She's acting normal (pain in the ass) but i'm worried because she doesn't give signs of pain.. her knees are shot to **** and she never limped... so she just doesn't react to it anymore and i can't judge her condition with any sense of acuracy. She hasn't limped since day 3 of her surgery.

I have a call in to the vet again this morning to find out if this is normal and just the result of the seroma continuing to drain or if i should bring her in again.

My stomach is in knots and i just feel so friggin' helpless right now.

So my tolerance for anything is non-existant.

I just want her to be okay.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Aw, Kel. =( I so wish I could help you. I just want her to be okay too.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Prayers for Koda... Hang in, Kel. And update us when you've heard from the vet.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Sorry you are going through this for Koda, hopefully she is just being a PITA and she will pull through. I know how stressful this can be.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Kel, when Angus had his staples, they inserted a drain (which he removed himself the next day) and he bled for days, drip... drip... drip. Did the vet say drainage was to be expected? Or is this something entirely different. ((HUGS)) praying for her quick & full recovery.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
It's not uncommon. Darby's wound bled a bit too. Try to stay calm until you hear from the vet.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Kel, it sounds to me like it's normal. It's still draining.
Prayers for you both....keep us posted!!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kel, when Angus had his staples, they inserted a drain (which he removed himself the next day) and he bled for days, drip... drip... drip. Did the vet say drainage was to be expected? Or is this something entirely different. ((HUGS)) praying for her quick & full recovery.
She said the reason the stitches came loose was because of the seroma and koda did a good job of draining it.. but she didn't mention that it could continue for a while ..

I rebuilt her barricade HIGHER yesterday and she jumped it again.. so that's why i'm more worried than normal.. i mean honestly.. i'm going to have to staple her to the floor.. but she's an 18 month old lab.. i don't know why i thought she'd be easy to contain.. once those stitches come out.. she's back in her crate.. but until then.. i may lose my mind.

You know.. i just don't want to fail her.. she's only a baby and she's been failed too much in her short life..

and if she doesn't behave, she's going to get a spankin'!

she's cute though.. so for now.. she's forgiven for being a BAD GIRL! =)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
what sort of barricade does she have? is she in the crate during the day and barricaded at night so she won't get on the couch or something? maybe tether her to you in the evening when you are at home. i am so glad she is yours.....i know it's a headache right now, but she is where she should definitely be.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Crate her. They cannot be trusted.
her cone won't fit.. i thought maybe xpen but i can't find one high enough that'll fit in my living room.. i have an idea though.. i'm going to do some furniture moving tonight.

I think i'm frustrated that my dog is smarter than i am.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Get her one of those soft cone thingies...should be able to find them at Petsmart. Labs are always going to outsmart us...at least that has been my experience.
And YES they can jump higher than we think. Dutch got cornered in the kitchen when I was vac'ing and freaked and jumped up on the counter!!!!!! I couldn't believe that long legged 80 lb. boy could do that. They he got all upset cuz he was skeeeeeeeeerd to jump down. LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts