Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh I'm in so much pain today. Went to Ikea on Saturday... loaded up the rented cargo van... carried about 300 lbs worth of stuff up 3 flights of stairs... put it all together (saturday night/sunday morning) by myself (put it together by myself, stepdad helped with the carrying it :p )..

Those **** allen wrenches HURT when you have about 1000 screws to do!

So yeah... every muscle is very sore today... but mostly my wrist and arms :(

I'll try to post pictures of my new stuff tonight or later today.. no pictures on this computer yet.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Ohhhh... but all that new stuff! FUN! I would loooooove to buy some new furniture, but its not happening anytime soon!

Take some ibuprofen!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
What did you get Linds? Livingroom stuff?

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mmmm... desk, leather sectional (chaise + loveseat combo), side tables and some lamps.

Curtains too but no power drill yet (friend is gonna help) so curtain rods can't go up.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Every single woman needs to own a power drill. I'm serious. I can't tell you how many times Paul's widowed mother has called in the past 10 years to have Paul come over with the drill. ::)

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jzgrlduff said:
Every single woman needs to own a power drill. I'm serious. I can't tell you how many times Paul's widowed mother has called in the past 10 years to have Paul come over with the drill. ::)
Yes ... well... I think I've spent enough money for one weekend ;)

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
Cordless too.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
dweck said:
****. Thought this thread was about something else. Nevermind... moving along.
Me too!

Can't wait to see pics of your new stuff....how fun!

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
I'm sore too, but from cleaning out flower beds and trimming bushes. I wish I had new furniture to show for it!

Jason said I should feel pride and a sense of accomplishment. I said I just felt pathetic and out of shape!

Can't wait to see your stuff!

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
dweck said:
AS IF I WERE THE ONLY ONE!! Who're YOU kidding, Ms Naive?? ;) Wait 'til Nathan logs on.......
You rang?

Is it my fault that I thought she was listening to Jakob Obrecht all weekend?*

Congratulations on the new stuff, Linds. I think I'm one of the few people who actually enjoys putting together stuff from Ikea. That is, if I get it right. Now if I get the thing 70% together and then realize I put the first two pieces together backwards . . . (which I have done more times than I would care to admit)

*obscure JL intertextual reference

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh I enjoyed it too... I screwd up both pedestals of the desk in different ways... one might be fixable.. the other... well it functions but it's not "right"

But I felt very accomplished doing it all myself :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts