Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just too bitterly cold to play outdoors with them just now. So, it's indoor retrieves for Seamus and Flynn. Which sends Rusty into a heroic Border Collie frenzy of trying to herd them. That little display is... annoying, but it's what he is made to do.

Soooooooo, I sit in the Wooserie and throw the ball into the bedroom. Over and over and over and over again until one errant throw goes... who knows where?!? Shea and Flynn will not give up the search until they find the ball.

It gives me and the lesser (smaller) dogs a chance to cuddle and talk while the big boys try to find that ball and Rusty is satisfied that the Labs need no further attention from him.

Roll on spring! :cool:

·
Registered
927 Posts
I know what you mean about the Cold. BRRRRRRRRR, We have it here also, but I think you have had more snow. Stay warm Nance, and cuddle, it is the only way to stay warm.

Ginny

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
It's just too bitterly cold to play outdoors with them just now. So, it's indoor retrieves for Seamus and Flynn. Which sends Rusty into a heroic Border Collie frenzy of trying to herd them. That little display is... annoying, but it's what he is made to do.

Soooooooo, I sit in the Wooserie and throw the ball into the bedroom. Over and over and over and over again until one errant throw goes... who knows where?!? Shea and Flynn will not give up the search until they find the ball.

It gives me and the lesser (smaller) dogs a chance to cuddle and talk while the big boys try to find that ball and Rusty is satisfied that the Labs need no further attention from him.

Roll on spring! :cool:
Just watch my sig. I'm tracking the days until the first day of spring! May it be here soon:)

·
Registered
393 Posts
ill be happy when spring gets here.jack"s bored with in door fetch.he wants to go out and play.he doesnt seem to care that its all of 11 degrees outside.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
It's been too blasted cold (near zero F) to XC-ski in our nearby nature preserve and give Puff her daily dose of exercise.

So 3X/day, I bundle up :( in long johns, insulated bib overalls & boots scarf, down parka, hat & gloves, we go out to the snow packed street in front of the house and I sling Puff's training dummy 10-15X for retrieves and give her a chance to pee & potty.

Then come in and remove the hat & gloves, down parka & scarf, insulated boots & bib overalls. :(

Key insulated bib overalls: https://www.keyclothes.com/index.php?cPath=108_109

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I don't think that's sneaky, I think it's is smart. Every morning while I'm getting a dresser for work, Blackie likes to do a few indoor retrieves. Yes, my non-retriever is the most driven retriever of all.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Not sneaky, Nance, but smart like a fox. :) You gotta do what works for your situation. You know what I mean? ;)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Not sneaky, cunning! :D

I also just fill up Daisy's toy box and she spends hours taking toys, one by one, out of the box, chewing them, and so forth. Once all toys are out, I fill it up again!

She does some retrieves in the house too!

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
throwing the ball down the stairs works pretty good when it is too rainy or cold for outside playing
Especially if you have a dog who will take the ball to the top of the stairs and drop it. No, not Caleb. :( The first JRT my parents had would take her ball to the "uphill" side of the kitchen (200+ year old farm house) and let it roll down so she could chase it.

Caleb's "bad weather" runs are running from one end of th the hallway upstairs to the other after the laser pointer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
nice game according to climate.....off season for outdoor sure next season they will remember......:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts