Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My twin has worked for the same company for 9 years and has worked her butt off to advance. She started out as a receptionist and worked her way up doing different tasks that were taught to her. Not long ago she learned to build loads, invoice, etc (she works for a big agricultural mfg plant).

She FINALLY got to fly back to Nebraska to the main plant, which is located in Columbus and gets to stay the week for classes for what she does. She's had a lot of struggles along the way, there's one woman in the office that's NOT very easy to get along with. My hubby works out in the plant in the Welding dept and he says no one has a good thing to say about her... and she's the Human Resource person!

I can't wait to hear about her adventure. She flew into Omaha today and then gets to rent a car and drive by her lonesome to Columbus. She's been an absolute wreck, lol. Our town has a population of about 10,000... doesn't take you long to get from one side of town to the other.

I can just see her now.... :-X ;D

Hmmm .... maybe that's why I'm feeling a bit uptight today, lol.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Good for her!

lol don't you just LOVE evil HR people? Always amazes me....the first school I taught at had the most nasty HR woman....everyone was afraid to ask her anything. Our co-pays for dr visits actually had gone down to 5$ and none of the staff knew it! She never bothered to inform us of anything....amazing.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's been wanting to advance for years but the HR person kept almost getting in the way. For quite a while, the HR lady almost seemed to be "boss" instead of then plant manager. He's FINALLY heard from enough people about her, that he's finally putting a stop to her and her over stepping her bounds.

My sis has always wanted to take any kind of training, be involved in different things and it's so nice to see that it's all finally happening for her. ;D

She can be a total pain in my butt... but that's what sisters are for, hehe ;D ;)

Can't wait to talk to her. This is the first time she's flown alone. We flew together from Dallas/Ft Worth to Boise, ID and then back again when we were around 13 or 14 yrs old. Umm... that's been just a few years :-\

·
0 Posts
That is so cool! Congrats to her!!! I hope she has a wonderful adventure. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts