Just Labradors banner

I'm so proud of my boy...

753 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  georgie 
#1 ·
Jo and I went to Brian's House today for our first visit to this particular facility. (Jo has been TDI certified since February)... Brian's House is a final destination for hospice cancer patients, so its kind of a sad place for me... you dont always get to see the same faces when you go back...(I was at this facility when Indy was still working)...

We went into a room with a frail gentle whose eyes were still full of light...His family were with him and when I asked if he would like to visit with Jo, you should have seen his beautiful smile...Jo bypassed all the family members and went straight for this sweet man....He gently put his head in his lap and just smiled at him....Its as if he knows exactly who needs him....Well we sat and visited with Don for a little bit and then Jo said hi to the rest of his family...

We said hi to a few more people and then went on our way... I cant tell you how proud I am of this big ole bear... He makes my heart skip a beat with how gentle and sweet he is..... (hard to believe I rescued him almost 2 years ago from a very bad, sick life)...He seems to really love doing therapy work, he smiles, he flirts with the nurses, and gets a lil pep to his step..... I love this big ole hunka chunka chocolate...

#4 ·
I just hope he lets me in so I can be with him again...:)

Is Peanut retired? My yellow, Indy is...and it breaks my heart when I take Jo with me and he knows the "working clothes", and he still wants to go...its hard.

#5 ·
I guess technically she's retired... the program we used to work with was closed down, and I just haven't pursued it any farther than that. It's tough because we always went with a really cuddly dog because Peanut isn't that cuddly, she would be the performer. :D She would pull out her arsenal of tricks ("say hi!" "wave" "roll" "spin" etc) while everyone cuddled with the other dog. It was a great set-up, but realistically she probably wouldn't be approved as a true certified therapy dog. ;)

She's doing agility now and loving that, so the little showman in her gets to shine still. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.