Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But i have to.. i'm so grateful...

We have had the most incredible winter, weather wise.. i'm terrified this thread is going to jinx it!

November was beautiful.. in fact i was still sitting out on my deck on several weekends.. December had some very cold weather, -30s for two weeks straight, but the end of the month was quite nice.. and the entire month of January thus far the temps have been close to the freezing mark the entire time.. and the 14 day trend shows this continuing right up until the end of the month..

Jan/Feb are our coldest months.. in fact "bitter" is usually how we describe them.. almost always -30s (-30c is -22f). So this is very unusual.

Here's the thing.. i've shoveled my driveway.. TWICE.. /that/ is so rare, it boggles my mind. Last year i shoveled my driveway 3 times a day on many days.. by this time last year i was running out of places to put the snow and the snowbanks were near my head.. i don't have snowbanks.. there's snow.. yes, but no banks..

Tomorrow marks 6 weeks until March, and while March can be quite unpredictable, weather-wise, it's usually the time of year we all start to feel relief that the end is near.. we've crested the hill..

I'm practically giddy!

Okay.. now the temps are so gonna plummit and the snow is going to come.. i'm sorry.. my fault!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Yeah it has all come down here this year. Not blaming anyone.

I just posted in Jackie's thread they issued a warning to the mountains 90 minutes north of Phoenix to be prepared for up to 5 feet of snow between Monday and Saturday. That is in addition to the 3 feet they currently have.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
It stayed south of you.:D

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Kelli- if the weather changes I'm blaming you!

It has been such a mild winter. My mom has had more snow than we've had. It has only snowed two or three times since mid December. I've only shoveled a handful of times, but that is only because I'm anal about my driveway being clear. So if there are flurries, I shovel.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I hope this won't come back to bite you. Maybe it's your lucky year.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See this is why i haven't laughed at my neighbour yet who bought a snowblower in October.. i'm skeered.. but if this holds up.. i'll do that in April =)

Plus i warned him back then that buying one would mean he'd never need it.. i'm practically psychic.. or o..

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
The Old Farmer's Almanac predicted a colder but drier than usual winter for this area, and it's been right on the money so far. It's the first time we have not have any measurable snow before December, and no real snowfall (over 1.5") until January!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
61 days until the official spring beginning.

So far we are 20 inches below last year in snowfall. Know what? I'm not missing a bit of it.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
We've had colder weather than usual there for awhile....but snow is a novelty here and always fun! I'd rather have cold and clear than warmish and rainy...which is what we have now. 50s and drizzle.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I wore flip flops out today!
Thats not even nice:( The days of gray and gloom are wearying, but I keep looking at my count down...... I so want to wear flip flops- oh wait I'm still in a brace and probably couldn't anyway, dammit!!:D

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I'm looking forward to this coming week -- temps in the 45º F/7º C range, hopefully warm enough to melt most of our far greater than normal accumulation of snow.

Early this morning, for Puff's and my walk in the nature preserve I wore regular boots and didn't use the XC-skis since it's been slightly above freezing and streaks of bare ground are beginning to appear.

Bummer!!

For too much of the time the snow felt like walking in mashed potatoes that are 8"/20 cm. deep. So we trudged through it toward a concrete sidewalk that runs through a section of the park. Walking a mile on the sidewalk was the only decent walking we've had for several weeks. Then slogged back through the mashed potatoes to get to the car and off to church.

This in-between stuff is the pits. :(

1 - 20 of 33 Posts