Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the sadness on the board, I was unsure whether to post or wait longer, but I decided that maybe spreading a little bit of joy would be theraputic.

My boy made me really proud this month. We finished his obedience Novice A title (CD) at the Potomac Specialty on April 12th. He got his 3 reguired legs in 4 shows (first one we did not qualify because of me not thinking to take him out to potty before stays). All of this legs were also placements: a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd place. He performed admirably even at Potomac with the biggest distraction known to almost-2-year-old intact male -- females in heat, coming into heat, coming out of heat. He also got his CGC certification at Potomac.

Scotty made me very proud again yesterday at the tracking test. He drew the fourth track of the day. The weather was cool and moist. Scotty did amazingly well, sticking his nose to the ground and tracking unwaiveringly like a little tank. He indicated all of the corners sharply, did not dork around the track even one bit, and was so so proud when he found the glove at the end. Our track was 455 yards, aged over half an hour, with three 90-degree turns and one open turn. The judges were very impressed with Scotty and encouraged us to keep tracking and go on to TDX and/or VST tracking. Oh, TD stands for Tracking Dog.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Congrats! Good job Scotty. You certainly have grown up to be an incredible dog. ;D

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
That's great Tatyana! :D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Congratulations, you should be very proud!!! :D

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Woohoo! Congrats!!!! That's quite a list of accomplishments for the month. You've set the bar really high. Now we're going to expect it. ;)

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
That is so cool. Good job, Tatyana and Scotty! :D

(It is nice to hear some happy news on the board.)

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Whoa!! That's so awesome! Tracking is so much fun. How are you training him? Did you take a class? or is there a group near you?
Scotty you are MR INCREDIBLE!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts