Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every single item on QVC was on 5 easy payments yesterday so I thought that I might need to order this Vera Bradley bag. I got it in Bali Gold.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...y-Sig-Cotton-Morgan-Handbag-Med-Cosmetic-Case

It's usually $71, but was being offered at the introductory price of $64, plus it comes with a cosmetic bag which is usually around $20 or $25 (I forget)...soooo I got it for 5 payments of $14 and some change (including tax and shipping)

Oh and my momma and I are getting ready to head up to the outlets, so I might also need to buy a coach bag (haha)
Eeep! I'm so excited :D

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I can't help you.

Nothing sets my heart aflutter in the way that a well made, well designed, excellent quality bag, wallet, shoe, or boot does. Nothing except one of those items being on SALE.

Don't look to me for restraint.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Don't look here either-AHHHHHHH the smell of a new Coach bag when you unwrap it with it's own nifty storage bag AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Outlet malls are ripoffs.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Here in Fort Wayne, is where Vera Bradley is centered. I love Vera and buy it at the Spring outlet sales. They are terrific bargains then, otherwise I wouldn't buy them. I just can't see spending much over 35 bucks on a purse. I don't care what brand it is. I want to be able to pitch it and get a new one without feeling it cost too much to pitch. That's just me, I guess it comes from being divorced, low paying job, taking care of my daughter all those years ago. Even now that I could afford to spend more, I just find I'd rather hang on to my $$ My husband gets bugged by the fact that I make do or buy more inexpensively than I have to. Again, that's just me.:)

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't look to me for restraint.
haha!
I had a feeling I wouldn't get any help here ;)

Betsy, I've gotten some **** good deals up at the outlets. Sure not everything is an awesome deal, but every once in a while there's something really good.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Very nice choice! I have a Vera bag I got probably 5 years ago and it's still going strong!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Very pretty! Good choice on the color too.

I have some coach bags, one from an (gasp) outlet, and they've held up SO well. My small one is going on 8 years old now and still looks brand new - and I'm not easy on my purses :) My current addiction is Dooney, although I've been very well behaved for a few months.

Have fun at the outlets!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Please don't make payments on a $60 purse. You are paying $75 now. I know this isn't what you want to hear but seriously they get more money from you that way. I stopped myself from doing this a long time ago.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Who really needs more then one purse! Seriously, Oh wait I have my backpack that I use for work, oh and small neutral clutch so three. I think DD has two purses and a small bag she uses for work. Guess neither of us has that gene, thank goodness:) Now if your talking about hiking, I have a hip pack a back pack and Sammi's pack that she can carry. But Stace you keep shopping, someone has too help the economy out of this mess!:D

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please don't make payments on a $60 purse. You are paying $75 now. I know this isn't what you want to hear but seriously they get more money from you that way. I stopped myself from doing this a long time ago.
There isn't interest or anything it's just the item, plus the tax & shipping included. You have the option to pay it all at once at any time which I will probably do when I get my next paycheck.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Nice Vera. I have a couple Vera's & they are still going strong. As for Coach. I have several I bought over the years and I just got one at a Coach outlet store. For what I paid I doubt I will ever buy from Coach online or in a store again.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mmmkkkk...
Mmmmkkk...

Just sharing that I wasn't paying more for the purse than what was listed, unless of course you want to count $6 for shipping. It's not like they're throwing extra charges into it or anything.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Mmmmkkk...

Just sharing that I wasn't paying more for the purse than what was listed, unless of course you want to count $6 for shipping. It's not like they're throwing extra charges into it or anything.
Oopss... let me restate again. O.K. just like Mmmmkkk which in my world means "OK". Oy....

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It means the same thing in my world...I guess I thought you were thinking I was being charged extra. Not that I should care, but I was just making sure I wasn't being confusing that's all.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
It means the same thing in my world...I guess I thought you were thinking I was being charged extra. Not that I should care, but I was just making sure I wasn't being confusing that's all.
I don't pay sales tax in Oregon so I forgot you were paying sales tax. But I was just agreeing w/ you in the Mmmmkkk... No worries.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't pay sales tax in Oregon so I forgot you were paying sales tax. But I was just agreeing w/ you in the Mmmmkkk... No worries.
Lucky! You never realize how much you're paying in sales tax until you buy something that's expensive. We bought a new TV down here a few months ago, and it was so much cheaper simply because we didn't have to pay sales tax!

·
Banned
2,041 Posts
I bought the 42 inch sharp tv . The 5 payments got me . lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts