Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No deep thinking needed, I've been studying for weeks for an up coming class. The class starts on Wed.s and I'll be done on Fri. I'll be looking forward to a glass of wine and good "fun" book! Any suggestions!! Actually I would like a couple, since I will be taking off to hangout with my cousin the end of next wk. Nance you had some great suggestions last time. What are you reading now:smile:

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Dog on it! and Thereby Hangs a Tail. About a PI and his partner, his dog, told from the dog's perspective. You'll figure out the 'mystery' quickly but they're cute, quick and fun reads.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Emilie Richards "Ministry is Murder" series. Her lead character is married to a minister and murders happen. There really isn't much of anything to do with the religious side except that's her husband's occupation. The books are quick and easy reads.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I just finished reading a fave of mine - the Troy Trilogy by David Gemmell - Troy - Legend of the Silver Bow, Shield of Thunder and then Fall of Kings. But if you like greek mythology, really fantastic fiction and characters written so well you wish they were all your friends, then I highly, highly recommend picking these up.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you read the Twolight books? I just finished them and loved them. Very easy reads.
I think I was one of the only people on the planet that just didn't get it when it came to these books, read the first one, bought the second, and never pulled it out of the amazon box and finally gave it away! I know most loved them, not sure why I didnt : (

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just finished reading a fave of mine - the Troy Trilogy by David Gemmell - Troy - Legend of the Silver Bow, Shield of Thunder and then Fall of Kings. But if you like greek mythology, really fantastic fiction and characters written so well you wish they were all your friends, then I highly, highly recommend picking these up.
I do, and these sound wonderful! Heck I've got my list started - I love getting recommendations from others, sometimes I find myself in a " reading rut" these are great suggestions and some I might not pick up on my own! Thx's

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
The Troy trilogy is awesome--Karina recommended them to me and I loved them!!!

I recently read the Uglies series by Scott Westerfield. I thought it was pretty interesting. Futuristic, Brave New World-ish. A similar but different series is the Hunger Games...1 and 2 are out but #3 comes out in August.

If you want to give vampires another try, the Sookie Stackhouse series is really fun and light to read...much different (and sexier) that Twilight!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone, sounds like there are several great options. I love trilogy's or books that are series as long as they stay interesting. I have read all of the Janet Evanovich series- but have found the last few pretty predictable and I'm ready to be done with them, hoping # 16 will be the last one, I'm only reading it hoping that some of the lose ends get tied together not sure what I'll do if they don't ; )

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.