Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find myself doing all the things I used to do as a single. As a married, I guess we both kinda waited for the other one to do some of these things and as a result we both "dissed" them. Kinda.

Here I go tidying, picking up, cleaning counters, checking the plants (yet again), straightening, catching that microscopic speck of dust that just landed on something, squaring up throw rugs, plumping up unplumpable throw pillows, checking the bathroom for musty odors. It goes on all day.

And I'm not a neatnick by any stretch of the imagination! I guess it's just a way of making sure my world is in order and I'm in charge of it? BobPr? Would that be it?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I think so, Nance. Subconsciously, you know that is your domain, and yours alone (aside from the critters), and you are taking pride in it. I found myself acting very much the same when Bill was out of town, but now that he's home, not so much. ;)

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Sounds like you're making a homey little nest for yourself.

·
Registered
740 Posts
muah! dad's going through the same thing. ordering new flooring, furniture, hired a cleaning lady to help-stuff he would never do before mom passed.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I am like that in a way. I belive in living a structured life. I think that is healthy. I am not overly so...........just look in my cupboards..........my drawers; they are so unorganized.......will tend to them next year........lol But other things I make sure are done quite routinely, makes me feel comfty in my home.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I guess it's just a way of making sure my world is in order and I'm in charge of it? BobPr? Would that be it?
Very well could be -- I think you're probably right. :)

·
Banned
2,041 Posts
You an Bob would make a good pair .

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
cousin kenny, I have no idea who you are but you're a freaking idiot. :rolleyes:

I guess it's just a way of making sure my world is in order and I'm in charge of it?
Absolutely. That, and you're taking pride in your home. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts