Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother's fiancee, Andrea, will be induced on Tuesday! We know it's a little girl, and her due date was estimated to be the 18th.

They live 4 hours away from us, and 6 hours away from Andrea's family. Her family will not be able to be there (younger siblings have ball games etc?), but Mom and I are heading up (at Tim's request) Saturday afternoon and will stay until after the baby is born.

I want to take something up for Andrea. She's sooo miserable right now and ready for the baby to be here. . . I'm thinking a gift bag of some sort and flowers or something . . . but what to put in the bag?

We've focused lots on the baby in the two baby showers we've had for her (one here and they had one up there) but I think she needs to be pampered too. . . Also my brother has one week paternity time after the baby is born and then he goes back-- and he travels weekly. What is something special I can do for Andrea?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Congrats on being an auntie!!

Well I don't know from experience, but friends tell me a nice bathrobe or comfy loungewear would probably be welcome. Not sure how this would go over, but you could offer to do a manicure/pedicure for her (bring all the stuff and a couple choices of color).

Not sure what the budget is either, but stocking their fridge/freezer with home cooked or prepared dishes/meals can be helpful for new moms.

Gift cards for take out restaurants in their area.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Pampering stuff for her. Bubble bath or body washes, sponges and scrubbies, an assortment of teas if she drinks tea, etc. The prepared meals would be a lifesaver for her, too. If your brother is gone all week, make them single-serve meals for her so she doesn't have to cook when he's not there.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
If I can offer 3rds on the prepared meals. When I had my second baby a friend filled my freezer with really great dinners from a local kosher deli. The VERY BEST gift I got ever. Homemade would be good too - but these were great because they were oven ready, good and simple. One less complication in my day.

And - if you want to get her something just for her. Nice lotions - stuff that smells good - like from Bath and Body works or simple, easy to slip on, loungewear with tops that open (if she is nursing) are a lifesaver. She is probably not going to be ready to get back into pre-pregnancy clothes right away and is probably ready to burn the maternity wear.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
If I can offer 3rds on the prepared meals. When I had my second baby a friend filled my freezer with really great dinners from a local kosher deli. The VERY BEST gift I got ever. Homemade would be good too - but these were great because they were oven ready, good and simple. One less complication in my day.

And - if you want to get her something just for her. Nice lotions - stuff that smells good - like from Bath and Body works or simple, easy to slip on, loungewear with tops that open (if she is nursing) are a lifesaver. She is probably not going to be ready to get back into pre-pregnancy clothes right away and is probably ready to burn the maternity wear.
I ditto that. Fill a basket with stuff from bath and body for her. She will appreciate it. And the dinner ideas are excellent too.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I say go for pre cooked meals, she wont have time to shower much less take a bath if your brother is gone alot so I say nice "smelly stuff" lotion, body spray ect.. Lots of hugs before and after the baby arrives and remind her how much she is loved for who she is!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
If I can offer 3rds on the prepared meals. When I had my second baby a friend filled my freezer with really great dinners from a local kosher deli. The VERY BEST gift I got ever. Homemade would be good too - but these were great because they were oven ready, good and simple. One less complication in my day. .
Pre-prepared homemade meals were awesome too because it was nice to have something made by someone...you know, since you end up having a lot of quick stuff. I really loved the stuff that people would bring that you could freeze and take out and pop in the oven, and sometimes they'd just bring something hot and fresh right to us! Those were the most thoughtful gifts we received.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts