Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going with 3 friends to see the Cirque show called Love (BEATLES!) in April. We got 79$ plane tickets! Now I need to find somewhere cheap to stay for 2 nights. Walking distance to the Mirage but not somewhere where I'll get mugged. Any ideas? I've never been to Vegas.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Oh how fun! We went when I was younger and stayed at New York, New York :)

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
We stayed at the Marriot Courtyard- one block off the strip, and right across the road from the convention center. Definitely within walking distance to the strip-Ken and I did it.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Don't miss the fountain show at Bellagio. Best free show in Vegas. We go 3 or 4 times a year and see it every time.

Not sure what your idea of cheap is, but Treasure Island is one of the cheaper big hotels on the strip and pretty central to everything. Depending on what days of the week you're going, you might get a pretty good deal there.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Don't miss the fountain show at Bellagio. Best free show in Vegas. We go 3 or 4 times a year and see it every time.

Not sure what your idea of cheap is, but Treasure Island is one of the cheaper big hotels on the strip and pretty central to everything. Depending on what days of the week you're going, you might get a pretty good deal there.
Oh, the fountain show was great! So was the show outside Treasure Island.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
You will love the show. I haven't seen it but Neal has and said it was wonderful. He is going to take me this July when we make our annual Vegas trip with our parents.

It might be worth renting a car if there are 3 of you. Then you can stay off the strip at the Palace Station, Orleans or such. The money you will save on a room will pay for the car rental. And it is nice to have a car in Vegas as you can go where you want. We love the Orleans nice large rooms at good rates. Or our current off strip favorite is the Tuscanny. Not fancy but HUGE rooms with a table, chairs, sofa and chair in sitting area, fridge and microwave. The Orleans rooms are classier and fancier but smaller and a bit more expensive. In fact I think I would stay at the Orleans or Palace Station if this is your first trip to Vegas.

If you can afford the Belligio buffet do eat there it is expensive (around $30 for dinner) but well worth the money as you get gourmet food that is not available on other buffets.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
I second the renting a car thing. Boulder "city" is a fun place to visit... Hoover Dam is very impressive and I really liked the tour of it. Red Rock Canyon is just beautiful to drive through and get out and take pictures (also free I think?)

Bellagio fountains are fantastic... try to see a few of the shows as they rotate the songs (everything from modern to classical). The first time I ever saw them the song was Frank Sinatra's Luck Be A Lady ... a perfect vegas experience.

Also, not sure if you or your friends are into art but it might be worth checking out what Bellagio's Fine Gallery of Art seasonal installation is. A few years ago they had the Faberge eggs that almost never leave Moscow. Was quite an experience.

Venetian gondolas are cool... they have them inside and outside... I've done both... I don't really recommend one over the other.

Freemont Street Experience is so worth checking out.

Highly recommend the car thing... parking at all the hotels is free so it's a good way to get around especially if you have a navigator who easily picks up the main streets and freeway exits. (usually my job) Just avoid actually driving down the strip :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts