Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and have one of those KFC bowls for dinner!!!! OMG...what horrible, trashy, fatty, delicious food. I want it so bad. I've wanted one since they first came out, and of course I won't because I'm trying to be healthy. But I'm getting one today DAMMIT.

I can't WAIT. *drool*

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Hey. I live with a great cook. We LOVE KFC! Even have yens for it. And now there aren't any trans-fats! Enjoy! (Especially love their mashed potatoes and gravy. No idea what they're made from but I love them. And the cole slaw.)

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paddysmom said:
Hey. I live with a great cook. We LOVE KFC! Even have yens for it. And now there aren't any trans-fats! Enjoy! (Especially love their mashed potatoes and gravy. No idea what they're made from but I love them. And the cole slaw.)
Ohhhhh yes, the potatoes and gravy...and the biscuits!!!! I'm starting to pant. Hurry up Nick.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Sounds good. I have looked in the fridge about 10 times already, trying to decide what to eat. I want to be good. I have lost some weight. But nothing I have is good.

KFC SOUNDS REAL GOOD.

J

·
0 Posts
I had one of those KFC bowls when they first came out and wasn't impressed. However, those biscuits...oh man, I love their biscuits. I always ordered extra whenever we ate there.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I haven't heard of the KFC bowls. What are they like? Oh, the cole slaw! Yummy!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
LOVE KFC cole slaw! I will go get a container if we are having a cookout. :D In Florida, you could buy a biscuit in a container, covered with gravy. Heavenly!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
The corn has always stopped me from trying one. There is just something inherently wrong with corn with gravy on it. Other than that, they look yummy.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh my stomach hurts but it was so worth it. I got one of those new ones, the biscuit bowl. It had the white meat chix, mashed potatoes, corn, white gravy, and a big fat biscuit right in the middle of it all. *groan*

I loved it. :)

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I wonder if I can get one without the corn? They sure do look good.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
God Bless You Vanis! I was practically drooling on my keyboard there for a second. I'm so sick of diet food, but I was able to cram my big ass into my pre-boys bathing suit (it looked ridiculous, but it made it over my hips!) today. Must stay strong... :(

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I love KFC, but I cant eat it anymore after I watched this video clip of how the chickens are treated before they are slaughtered. :-\ :'(

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I saw that video, but I have to admit, the thing I mostly came away with was how gross their conditions were, and how unsanitary the meat must be. I grew up with farm folks on one side of the family, so I'm well acquainted with what my food looked like before it made it to the supermarket.

When I was a young rebel without a cause, I was a vegetarian for a while, then a vegan. After some years, and after I got married, I became pregnant with my DD and all that went buh-bye. I've since made peace with my inner carnivore.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
oh dont get me wrong lol, I love me some meat! And livestock is livestock, but I would prefer that ppl not throw the livestock repeatedly into a wall, beat them, or chop their beaks off. Pretty much I want my food to be HUMANELY euthenized, not tourtered to death. With that being said boy I am a craving a big juicy steak right now! :D

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jinx said:
I wonder if I can get one without the corn? They sure do look good.
I'm sure you could! I have watched them make the bowls - they are not pre packaged or anything...they dump everything in one by one.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I love eating meat too much to be a vegetarian.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Same here. Mmmmmm meat! I dont think there is anything wrong with eating animals (its natural) but I do have a problem when the animals I am eating have been pretty much tortured to death. Some animals are born to be food, thats just life (thats how I am able to not get upset when I feed my ferrets mice. I just think, not all mice were born to be cute and fuzzy, some were born to be food)

But back on topic lol, never tried the bowl. Looks like heart-attack in a bowl, but I am a fan of sweet things, not greasy/fatty things. To each his own. Glad you liked it and it was yummy!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I feed mice to my snake, too. But I hate mice so I just stick those little suckers in a ziplock bag and toss their butts in the freezer. I feed pre-killed. No qualms about that at all. Little disease carrying rodents.

I would probably have a hard time eating at KFC if I watched a video of inhumane slaughter. But to be honest I'd probably still eat there on occasion.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts