Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just openned my e-mail with buddy's quote for his lumpectomy tomorrow and it's for $795. I was think maybe $400- 500. I'm sooo upset

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Holy **** Rosanne!

Yeller's was just under $400 and it was attached to a ligament! $120 of that was the cost of biopsy,even.

I'd be calling around I think.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Did they itemize the costs? If not, I would ask them so you have something to compare costs when you ask around.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
What kiddsmom said.

When I got the estimate for Macy's spay and almost fainted, they at least gave me an item by item cost.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tossed and turned all night on what to do. I have been going to my vet for 14 years and they have given me many breaks in the past. I think one reason it was more exspenive was becasue they do the IV and lasar etc. Anyways I took him in this morning and sat and had a chat with her. She explained that the quote was high because she didn't know how easy it would be removed and wether or not she would have to pull teeth etc. He had the surgery and it went very well and the price has dropped quite abit sooo I will see when I get there how much I am going to be paying
main thing is he's ok. Now let hope the lump is what she thinks it is and not what it could be.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
She explained that the quote was high because she didn't know how easy it would be removed and wether or not she would have to pull teeth etc.
Can they give you a high end/low end quote? That's what I got for the spay. The high was worst case scenario.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I hope it turns out to be much less than quoted. My vet's estimates on anything we have ever needed done on Cooper are always in the "Holy ****, Batman" range. But never have we paid the estimate, it's always less (not much mind you but less). I think they do that high estimate thing so that when you end up paying less, you feel like you got a deal. Hrrmph.

Bev.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I'm glad that it turned out to be less, and it's nice that you could actually talk to her about it. Now praying for good test results

1 - 14 of 14 Posts